Menomonee Park

W220 N7884 Town Line Road
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
262-548-7801

AT&T 3G
Thumb dd logo withtext black
DestinationDuPont
Breckenridge, CO
36 Winnebago Forza 36G
2018 Jeep Sahara
Site Number: ????

DestinationDuPont would stay here again

“CAMPING EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS”

Reviewed Aug 10, 2018

Dan & Jaclyn are world travelers, having kicked the dirt in over 100 countries and sailed within all 7 seas. Currently, we are full-time, location independent, perpetual travelers, roaming around North America.

We arrived to the Menomonee Falls City Park Group Camping Campground, due to a very dear friend finding himself in a dark place. Our choice in regards to lifestyle allows us the freedom to be able to assist others, when asked.

Upon our arrival to the entrance gate, we spoke to a gal, who then radioed her supervisor to assist us in finding an appropriate spot for the BiG RiG.

Exceeding our expectations, the supervisor, was actually the guy in charge of the entire park. We discussed options and then I set out to explore them in the Jeep.

The Family Camping section has about 20 or more heavily wooded, shaded sites that were very cozy and inviting. I had finally met my match. I was just not willing to try getting her within the low hanging branches and the incredibly tight turns. I might have been able to squeeze her in and for that matter if you have anything smaller than us, you would be good to go!

Sitting in the parking lot, looking at my apps to find another location where I can be close to my friend, it was then that I noticed he was driving over to me to check on how I was doing? He said he does have a special space that cannot be reserved, that he uses for challenges such as ours.

Really! What kind of customer service is this? He took me to a location within the Group Camping portion of the park, a spot set apart from the hubbub of the group camping area. We chatted and due to our challenges and wanting me to be able to help our friend, he said for me to take this for as long as I needed for the Family Camping rate.

The site, not having been utilized in some time, had an overgrown fire pit and longer grass and no table. Before I could get back to the BiG RiG and get her over here, he had the grass mowed the fire pit refreshed and a table set up for our arrival. Very Impressed!

Each of the campsites throughout the park has access to trash and vault toilets. Each site has table, fire pit and some have stone benches… a nice touch. The county park itself has a really nice lake with boat launch, life guarded swimming, bathhouse with hot showers, hiking trails, bike rentals and more. Did you notice the part about hot showers? FREE!

Each evening the county ranger would stop by and chat. Offering us a phone number if we needed anything as well he asked if we wanted any firewood to spark a fire? How nice an experience we are having here☺

RATING - CAMPING EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS

If you would be interested in reading about the locations mentioned within this camping review, our near death experiences, our close calls, our lessons learned on the road, our campground reviews or about our top secret free camping locations, be sure to follow us...

Destination Dupont - Instagram

Delafield, Wisconsin
Pike Lake
Dept. Natural Resources
Slinger, Wisconsin
Wisconsin state fair rv park
Wisconsin State Fair RV Park