Memphis South RV Park & Campground

Monthly Rate: Yes

Thumb 2018 05 24 14 54 57  1  michelle mcmahon stephens
MSteev

27 Keystone Cougar 22RBS
“An ok park located close to the interstate”

Reviewed May 27, 2018

We stopped here for three nights and the stay was fine. It’s not the fanciest RV park in the world, but it’s not terrible either.

The road leading into the park had a lot of potholes and was pretty rough. Especially when exiting the park, the right side of the road right at the intersection is awful. We actually drove through the Shell station right there to avoid it when we left with our rig.

All the sites are pull-through which is very nice. Ours was close to level but we did have to use one row of leveling blocks.

There are several rows of sites. The first couple seem to be mostly reserved for short stay customers like us. The back rows seem to house permanent residents. There are some pretty old and rough looking rigs back there, but nothing that screamed “crazy people are here”.

The campgrounds are very gritty. Small rocks, gravel, grit, and dirt found their way all over our RV despite trying our best to brush off before coming in. They have a nice grassy area to walk your dog which was nice. I also saw a crew in there spraying the bushes that line the park. I’m assuming for mosquitoes as there were very few bugs in the park which was awesome. I did not see any ant mounds near the sites.

There’s a nice, large, air-conditioned bathroom for both men and women. I used the women’s showers several times. They were clean and decent. Needs a little TLC as the hooks in most of the shower rooms had fallen off and there was only a small stool to set your things on. My husband used the men’s showers and said there was nothing to set his stuff on.

There is a pool which we did not use. However, we saw several kids in there daily.

The wifi was pretty much unusable.

The women who runs the office was very nice and informative. I believe her name was Pennie. She gave me great info on things to do in Memphis and Arkabutla. She gave me brochures on both.

The Arkabutla Lake, Dam, and recreational area was very nearby. This is an awesome place. Lots of rec area, boat launches, picnic tables, nature trails, and more. The dam is very cool to see and you can go to the release channel and watch all the fish jumping. Several fishermen here too.

You can also drive into Memphis easily from this park. It’s about a 30 minute drive. We went to Arkabutla one day and Memphis the other. If you’re only interested in the Lake area there are campgrounds there with hookups that would be nicer to stay at. We saw several large fifth wheels and motorhomes at the lake campgrounds.

Overall the Memphis South RV Park was ok. We paid $25 a night with our Passport America discount. I feel that even with the discount that’s a bit steep. As of this writing their website says the nightly rate is $47. There’s no way I’d pay that much.

about Memphis South RV Park & Campground?

• wifi: free