• Reviews (2)

Reservations yes

Elevation 1,082 ft / 329 m

Q&A - Ask the Community about Margaritaville RV Resort

Rosa asked on 10/11/2019

Is there a senior discount?

See 1 Answer

Reviews of Margaritaville RV Resort 2 people have reviewed this location.

Last reported 5/1/2019
Confirmed by 2 Users
Last reported 11/2/2019
“Not resort quality! WAY overpriced!”

Reviewed 11/2/2019

We come to Lake Lanier often to camp when my spouse has work in Alpharetta, but since most of the campgrounds close in October, we decided to try Margaritaville RV resort this time. After our stay, how we wish the other campgrounds would stay open at least through NOV. This "resort" (and I use that term VERY lightly) is an overpriced frat house. The only positive about this campground is the concrete pads are extremely level. Now for the numerous negatives. Skinny roads coming in to the park with high curbs. We commented about all the tire marks on the curbs. We didn't hit, but we have an Airstream that is just barely wider than our truck. Fraudulent advertising on the website; there is NO LAUNDRY, was told 4 days into stay, that it will be built in the next phase. Umm....then you shouldn't have it listed as one of your amenities! We would have altered our camping style had we known this! The posted speed limit of 20 mph in the park (and 10mph in the campground) is NOT enforced in any way, with even the resort workers flying by as I'm walking my dog at dangerous speeds (think 40 mph whipping by with no sidewalks or curbs for buffer...walk at your own risk!). Speaking of dogs, they have a few dog poop bag stations that were empty the ENTIRE time were stayed there. We full time in our trailer, so carry bags at all times, but very few others did (weekend campers), so you can guess what the grass areas looked like. I could go on and on about all the negatives here (and no, I'm not against RV resorts, we avail ourselves of many types of campgrounds in our travels), but I won't. What I will say is this: Even though my spouse's company paid the $70 a night we were charged here and cost us nothing, I feel ripped off. This place would barely be worth $30 a night in my opinion. One thing is for certain, we will NEVER come back to this campground. If my spouse has to be here for work in the future, and the other local campgrounds are closed, then they will be flying in to Atlanta, and staying at a hotel!

One Main Street at a Time
Suwanee, GA 43' Monaco Diplomat
“Beautiful new campground on the water”

Reviewed 5/1/2019

Brand new campground, just opened April 22nd in Lake Lanier Islands park. Full hook up, concrete pads, nice landscaping. Have not gone in the bath houses, but they look nice. We are in site #26 and have a wonderful water view. It barely fits our 43' MH with our car parked sideways in front of it. Sites are pretty close together and this place was packed over the weekend (of course), but lovely here during the week with barely any other campers. Site #20 looks to be the best site here with an amazing water view from your patio side. There will be boat docks and a pier to go to, but they are finishing that area up now. Nice, friendly staff at the front desk.

One Main Street at a Time would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Margaritaville RV Resort!

Be the first to add a video for Margaritaville RV Resort!

Have you written a blog post about Margaritaville RV Resort?

Connectivity

Shoal Creek Campground

Not impressed, needs work

- Gaelicdog

Shady Grove Campground

Beautiful views of the lake

- Ourbackroadhome