Malletts Bay Campground

glasgows_onthego

28 Ford Four Winds Five Thousand
2004 Hyundai Santa Fe
Site Number: 26A

glasgows_onthego would stay here again

“Okay campground with decent facilities, but a bit pricey”

Reviewed Sep 28, 2018

We wanted to come to Burlington to check out the city and the area, had to stay for a week due to traveling for work, so we needed to be close to an airport. I don't think we would have stayed so long otherwise.

The campground was clean and quiet enough, does get busier on the weekends. It is about a 15 minute drive to Burlington or a hour bike ride. There is a nice bike trail that follows the coast of Lake Champlain easily assessable from the campground. There is also Malletts Bay directly across the road from the campground. There are many good hikes within a hour drive. There is a grocery store 5 minutes away and a gas station just down the street, and if that's to far the campground office has some basic items for sale. Otherwise the campground is nothing special. Most the sites are shaded except for some of the tent sites and there is a dump by the office. The showers were really hot and the free wifi worked well.

We are use to boondocking but are having problems with our DC power so we paid to have water and power, it was more than we like to spend for these accommodations. $44 a night does seem to be the going rate to camp around here, I would have rated it better if it was cheaper.

Thumb profile photo
Kalamazookim
Livingston, TX
27 Airstream Classic
2012 Dodge RAM 2500
Site Number: 18A

Kalamazookim would stay here again

“Beautiful shaded site beneath tall trees - in a private campground, no less!”

Reviewed Aug 07, 2016

I used this campground as a jumping off point for exploring the area around Burlington. While I don't usually pay this much for a campsite, their price seemed to be in line with what other campgrounds in the area charge, including public campgrounds.

The majority of the campground is taken up by seasonal rentals. Those sites are tightly packed. If you need full hook ups, you will have to park in those sections. I was told that there is an extra $2 charge for those sites. If you don't need a sewer connection, you will have more room if you opt for water and electric. They do have a dump station, but they will charge you $25 to use it on your way in. There is no extra charge to use it on the way out, according to the woman who checked me in.

They have laundry facilities in the office. I used the showers in the bath house and they were completely adequate in pressure and temperature. They also have a small pool. If you plan to use the pool, stop in to the office for a wrist band.

The campground is across the street from Malletts Bay. There is a city park there, and the website says there is a beach. I didn't check it out, though.

In addition to trailers, there were also tenters and pop up trailers. There were even bicycle campers.

Their free wifi is dependable. I was also able to pull in all the major broadcast channels with my antenna.

I would stay here again, but it isn't a site I'd make a detour to visit, if you know what I mean. Since I've already done what I wanted to do here, chances are, I won't be back.

about Malletts Bay Campground?

• swimming pool: onsite
  • general store
  • restrooms: onsite
  • swimming pool: onsite

Lone Pine Campsites
Colchester, Vermont
North beach campground burlington vt
North Beach Campground