Malletts Bay Campground

Livingston, TX
27 Airstream Classic
2012 Dodge RAM 2500
Site Number: 18A

Kalamazookim would stay here again

“Beautiful shaded site beneath tall trees - in a private campground, no less!”

Reviewed Aug 07, 2016

I used this campground as a jumping off point for exploring the area around Burlington. While I don't usually pay this much for a campsite, their price seemed to be in line with what other campgrounds in the area charge, including public campgrounds.

The majority of the campground is taken up by seasonal rentals. Those sites are tightly packed. If you need full hook ups, you will have to park in those sections. I was told that there is an extra $2 charge for those sites. If you don't need a sewer connection, you will have more room if you opt for water and electric. They do have a dump station, but they will charge you $25 to use it on your way in. There is no extra charge to use it on the way out, according to the woman who checked me in.

They have laundry facilities in the office. I used the showers in the bath house and they were completely adequate in pressure and temperature. They also have a small pool. If you plan to use the pool, stop in to the office for a wrist band.

The campground is across the street from Malletts Bay. There is a city park there, and the website says there is a beach. I didn't check it out, though.

In addition to trailers, there were also tenters and pop up trailers. There were even bicycle campers.

Their free wifi is dependable. I was also able to pull in all the major broadcast channels with my antenna.

I would stay here again, but it isn't a site I'd make a detour to visit, if you know what I mean. Since I've already done what I wanted to do here, chances are, I won't be back.

about Malletts Bay Campground?

• swimming pool: onsite
  • general store
  • restrooms: onsite
  • swimming pool: onsite

Lone Pine Campsites
Colchester, Vermont
North beach campground burlington vt
North Beach Campground