Question about Magnolia Beach Camping

Mallory asked on 3/22/2021

Is Magnolia Beach and the surrounding area kid-friendly? Is it an area where kids can swim and play in the sand/shells?

T2Some
Houston, TX
22' Freedom Express 192RBS
Colorado Z71 with 3.6 L LFX V6

Answered on 3/22/2021:

Great place for little children to play in the water safely. Just keep them away from the area where people drive down the beach.

Answered on 3/22/2021:

It was kid friendly when we went, but the beach is not really sandy so much as it’s broken shells trucked in. Our kids played catch on the beach and waded around, but didn’t really swim. Didn’t seem to be many other kids around - just mine.
Trekerboy
Charlevoix, MI
31' Airstream Excella 500
Mercedes-Benz GL550

Answered on 3/22/2021:

We just camped there for a week. The water is fairly shallow, and there's not a lot of cars driving around, so I would say that it is indeed pretty kid-friendly. However, I would not say there is a lot for kids to "do" in the area other than swim and collect shells. We did ride bikes down to the dock a few times... You could also take the kids fishing at the inlet.
The Novel Traveler
Hope Valley, RI
Kia Sorento

Answered on 3/22/2021:

Hi, They can swim and the water is relatively shallow. It's more of a hard-packed, shell beach than a sandy one. Tends to be quite windy. There's also Indianola 2 miles down the road that has open grass space and vendors on some weekends. It's a good stop, but I'd suggest Brazoria County Beach or Port Aransas if I had young children with me.
Mike
Palm Beach, FL
23' Trail Lite
Toyota Sequoia

Absolutely.

Answered on 3/22/2021:

Yes, the beach has many families and children. The kids love playing on the beach.