Lower Honeymoon Flat Campground

Open Seasonally Yes

Elevation 6,889 ft / 2,099 m

Max Stay 14

Q&A - Ask the Community about Lower Honeymoon Flat Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Lower Honeymoon Flat Campground

Reviews of Lower Honeymoon Flat Campground 2 people have reviewed this location.

Confirmed by 2 Users
Last reported 6/16/2019
AT&T
Last reported 9/16/2018
Philbert
CA Subaru Forester
“10, No Shade But On The Water. Also site 9, 11”

Reviewed 6/16/2019

I stayed a couple nights at South Honeymoon Flat, site 10 in mid-June 2019. When you are in Bridgeport, just make a turn at the Shell Station and drive up Twin Lakes Road and you'll see it eventually. Site 10 lacks shade and I don't think the area is known for cool days in June. I roasted but tried staying cool submerging myself in the creek every few hours. What I like about the campsite is that it is set along the banks of Robinson Creek and private enough that you do not see other tents at the surrounding sites. The sounds of the creek were loud enough to drown out voices from adjacent sites though I doubt this is always the case as the creek was running high making the fishing tough for fly casters like myself. The pit toilets are maintained and there is potable water. If I stayed again, I would choose site 9. Site 9 does not have a lot of shade but right next to 9 is a very short walk to set your chairs on the water's edge and enjoy the shade. It may not be officially part of site 9, but I'd sure put some chairs there. Site 12 is not on the water, but has a nice large tree to keep you cool and is very large. Site 11 is a double and costs 40 bucks a night and has a decent amount of shade though it is next to the road. In 11 it may be possible to hang a hammock among the Aspen trees.

The people that camp there are very friendly. The camp host and another camper told me about a bear that came in the night before and swatted a lady in the head after she shampooed her hair. The host says it got her with one claw. There was a hunt for the bear the next day from what I heard but I don't know if they got it. I think they intended to relocate the bear. There are warnings about bears and even warn about having great smelling hair at the very campground. I was camping alone in my tent, (not even my dogs were with me) but slept fine next to the sweet fishless sounds of Robinson Creek.

Verizon

Philbert would stay here again

“Not our favorite”

Reviewed 9/16/2018

Nothing too exciting about this campground, but it's not too bad for dry camping. There's only a few sites we would like to stay in. The staff is really nice and the campground is clean. It's not too far from lower Twin Lake and is fairly close to town. No cell phone service or wifi, even with our cell booster.

AT&T

Lovin Juice Plus would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Lower Honeymoon Flat Campground!

Be the first to add a video for Lower Honeymoon Flat Campground!

Have you written a blog post about Lower Honeymoon Flat Campground?

• recycle