Losee Canyon

435-676-9300
435-865-3700

Pad Type: dirt
Max Stay: 14

Accessibility is not guaranteed, always scout ahead before driving down dirt roads.
Learn more: Boondocking 101

wandering-pony

27 Itasca Sunrise
2000 VW New Beetle

wandering-pony would stay here again

“Mini Heaven”

Reviewed Jun 29, 2017

I randomly chose this destination not really expecting anything.

It is a tiny area. It is a "trail head" that isn't really set up for RV camping, but there was a spot that I was able to back into. There isn't really any more space for RVs to park but the one.

I have a 27 foot class A towing a car. I prefer this less exciting and boring (compared to the big draws) spots. I was gobsmacked as I pulled in around sunset. There is more camping up the road. I hope to lay low here for a couple weeks before continuing north. Mild hiking which is perfect for someone like me who is needing to get back in shape. This is the kind of place I would like to be greedy and keep to myself. Others are looking for more exciting spots. This suits me just fine. I easily parked off to the side of the roundabout. It would not be as great if there were a bunch of other campers here. I like the solitude.

Looks like there is a toilet for those that need it. Saw some fire rings and nice spots for tent camping. No fires at the moment. Can see a forest fire in the distance from the heat and the wind!

The temperature here is so much better than down in Kanab!

The road in wasn't too bad. It got a little bumpy. I don't know if that is from atv vehicles... No big tire ruts from rain.

Thumb camp
TouringNomad
SD
38 Keystone Copper Canyon Sprinter
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
“Entrances to camp spots where tight, decent spots for high clearance smaller rigs”

Reviewed Jun 07, 2017

We where planning on doing a overnight at this location before heading closer to Bryce. Takes about 2 miles of well maintained gravel to reach the first camp area.We parked the 5 fifth in a large turnaround right across from Losee Trailhead and hopped in our car to explore the spots. Only noticed 2 areas to camp, both have a decent amount a room and some shade for cover. The entrances to each have trees hugging each side, smaller RV's/Trailers will be able to make, larger ones shouldn't try. (Our friend has a Minnie Winne thats about 23 feet long, and was able to get into the spots.)

At&t had a few bars, forgot to check Verizon.

We carried on down a the road about 6 miles toward zion and found a lot better options for us.

about Losee Canyon?