Question about Lone Rock Beach Primitive Camping Area

Gman asked on 1/14/2021

Will the sand support a big rig, as in a 45 ft class A motorhome?

Answered on 2/15/2021:

You can easily get a large rig down there. We were just there early Feb 2021 and it was amazing. You need to be careful and scout ahead because one wrong turn and you are stuck. I have a video on my YouTube channel about our trip....you can check it out if you like. https://youtu.be/6hqRPstunaM
Dare To Everywhere
Oak Park, MI
Chevrolet Cruze

Answered on 1/15/2021:

Yes. There were big rigs of all sizes. If you zoom in on my picture of cooking over the fire, you can kind of make out all the different vehicles.
Greg - Sock Monkey Trekker
Los Alamos, NM
21' Four Wheel Camper Fleet
Toyota Tacoma

Answered on 1/15/2021:

As long as you stay away from the sand near the water. It's pretty hard-packed but then as it begins to slope downward it gets soft. I would park a ways up and walk it to see where it's safe to drive. Also the further east you go, the softer the sand gets. Stay on the beach area directly below the entrance (eastern end) that is flatter and not sloping to the water.
Freecampers
NS, Canada

Answered on 1/15/2021:

Yes, if you stick to the main beach area. Whatever you do, do not go to the sides of the beach. We did once with our travel trailer. Luckily we had our four-wheel drive, otherwise we would have been stuck for a long time.

Answered on 1/15/2021:

Certainly PLENTY of space, but impossible to say what 'the sand' will support :). Don't see why not, it's all hard packed and tons of campers there with huge rigs.