Log Cabin Resort

2 Reviews
3183 East Beach Rd. Port Angeles, WA 98363 360-928-3325 Reservations: 888-896-3818 Official Website

• Reviews

Overview of Log Cabin Resort

Pad Type gravel

Reservations yes

Open Seasonally May-Sept.

Elevation 639 ft

Q&A - Ask the Community about Log Cabin Resort

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Log Cabin Resort

Reviews of Log Cabin Resort 2 people have reviewed this location.

Confirmed by 2 Users
Last reported 9/6/2016
Thumb 13920708 770757773027541 2179125216495807580 n
Living Driven
27' Airstream Flying Cloud 2016 Ram 2500
“Stunning location on Lake Crescent, but crowded and noisy campsite.”

Reviewed 9/6/2016

We arrived at the resort around 6pm, just late enough for the huge group camp who had booked the sites completely surrounding us to become a loud drunken peanut gallery for our attempts at getting into our tight spot. Not only was the camp completely full, but the sites aren't really large enough for both RV's and vehicles, so trucks were lining the drive between the sites creating a virtually impassable situation. After we finally got backed into our site, we set up and discovered the big group had taken over the whole site, including setting up tents in our area. Not ideal to start.

The resort sits on the picturesque Lake Crescent and there are several beach/picnic areas that are perfect for enjoying the lake and the mountains. The main lodge has free wi-fi and a restaurant with pretty good food and a small, but great selection of micro brews on tap. Customer service was okay and the resort was very clean.

Overall, we would stay here again if we were guaranteed a lakeside site and definitely not during a busy weekend. It just gets too crowded in that packed, little rv camp.

Verizon Voice Only

Living Driven would stay here again

asolojourner
27' Airstream International CCD Signature Series 2010 Chevrolet Silverado
“Beautiful setting, terrible managment”

Reviewed 10/31/2014

This one is such a hard one to rate. The setting is picturesque. If you hit it at the right time, you'll have a site backing right up to the lake. I did, and it was beautiful, but I was there the last week before it closed for the season, so it was practically vacant. There are only 3 or 4 sites that are situated that ideally. The rest are side-by-side in a loop, relatively close together. I had stopped by to check it out and decided to reserve the best site for my upcoming stay (on the lake, on the end with no neighbor on one side). But based on all the previews reviews I'd read about the abysmal customer service, I wasn't counting on actually getting what I had reserved. Good thing I wasn't counting on it, because wouldn't you know, the site I reserved was occupied when I went to check in.

I got in-and-out Verizon reception. Never good, just enough to get by most of the time, and it would briefly go out completely occasionally. But there is WiFi in the lodge lounge, so there was backup during those times.

But that's just the beginning of the customer service issues. When I made a the reservation, I was told there'd be a hold put on my credit card for the reservation. Fine. And there it was, a $40 hold. Then, when I checked in, I was told a hold would be put on my credit card for the amount of my stay (they're a lodge, and they do payments like hotels do, not like campgrounds). Fine. Until I looked at my credit card transactions online a couple days into my stay. There was the $40 reservation hold, plus a FIVE HUNDRED THIRTY dollar hold. My total stay for the days I had reserved totaled under $100. When I went to the front desk to enquire, the manager quickly brushed me off, told me it was "standard" and that it would be removed "as soon as I checked out". Fine, whatever. I didn't have time to make an issue of it. Come checkout day, I paid my balance in full and left. The nearly $600 holds were still there 48 hours later, so I emailed their customer service, and they told me it might take my credit card a week to clear it. Well, that sure isn't what the manager told me. A week later, the hold was still there. I again contacted them, and they again passed on responsibility to my credit card company. I contacted my credit card company, and they explained that the vendor has to remove a hold manually if it more than the final charge. Again, I contacted Log Cabin via email, requesting that they take care of it. I received no reply. I called a number for the accounting department that they had provided me earlier. I received a message that they were "closed for the season" with no option to leave a message. Eventually, several days later, and at least two weeks after I had checked out of Log Cabin resort, someone in accounting contacted me to inform me that they had removed the hold.

Long story short, it's a beautiful place to stay (during the off-season, at least—I've heard horror stories about the high season). But I would be VERY reluctant to stay here again after my experience with their service. My advice if you really want to stay here: Pay cash.

Verizon Voice Only

Be the first to add a note for Log Cabin Resort!

Be the first to add a video for Log Cabin Resort!

Thumb rocinante logo 400px
Casa Rocinante
WA 28' Airstream International Signature 2014 Ram 1500
Lake Crescent August 2015

In addition to camping, Log Cabin Resort has a nice collection of human-powered watercraft for rent.  The list includes canoes, kayaks, pedal boats, and hydrobikes. The bike looks completely silly.  It...

Connectivity
  • boat ramp
  • boat rental
  • horseshoes
  • swimming beach
  • cabins

Shadow mountain general store and rv park
Shadow Mountain General Store & RV Park
National Park
Salt creek recreation area
Salt Creek Recreation Area
Port Angeles, WA
Sol duc hot springs resort
Sol Duc Hot Springs Resort