Leadville RV Corral

Weekly Rate: Yes
Monthly Rate: Yes
Pad Type: gravel

Maman325 would stay here again

“Not our usual cup of tea - but was perfect for an in-town stay”

Reviewed Apr 04, 2018

We typically don't stay in RV parks - just don't like to be that close to other campers/people when we're "camping." But we wanted to spend a weekend exploring downtown Leadville, enjoy the ski-joring and weekend festivities. And since the temperature was supposed to be in the single digits overnight - it meant we wouldn't be spending a lot of time outside anyway - and full hookups would allow us to use an electric heater to give our furnace/propane use a break while staying cozy. This park was perfect for us. From our camper, we were less than a block from main street - so made for a great home base. And the park host/manager, Rudy, was extremely friendly and helpful. We were in spot 9 (I believe) right next to the bath house - I wasn't sure how I'd like that, but there was very little noticeable traffic to/from the bathhouse, and we probably had more privacy than most sites since there was a building between us and the next site. We used our own facilities, but I did use the bathroom on our way out after we were all packed up, and it was very clean and homey inside. If I could change one thing, it was the noise from the restaurant/bar across the street - so maybe we'll try for a site on one of the back rows next time. I can't speak about how level (or not) the sites were, as there was a lot of packed snow & ice in patches which would have made even the most level site far from level - to be expected during winter in the mountains. We will definitely come back when we are looking to spend more time in Leadville - and I hope it's soon!

Thumb beach cat
RV to Freedom

30 Newmar Baystar

RV to Freedom would stay here again

“Nothing fancy, but great for walking in town”

Reviewed Aug 19, 2015

The biggest draw here is you are right in town and can walk to everything. This was great during Boom Days as we could come and go easily for the events.

We initially tried to set up in site 8 next to the facilities building, but couldn't get level and had to move to another spot. We actually couldn't quite get level there either. Note, though, we only had two jack pads with us. We made two more while we were there. It can be a little tight for big rigs.

The sites face each other which isn't my favorite configuration, but we met our neighbors and enjoyed talking with them. The RV sits on gravel and the yard is all grass with a picnic table and charcoal grill for each spot.

Cable is included. We were able to get 4 bars of Verizon 4G service, but it seemed a little slow. There might have been more people in town all week on the lead up to Boom Days, I'm not sure.

We didn't use the showers, but they looked clean both times I went in. The laundry was cheap! One washer was $0.75 while 3 were $1.00. It was just the opposite for the dryers. The dryers settings were only low or high and I had to run a load twice on low, but that only totaled $1.50.

There is a pocket park across the street where we walked the dogs.

about Leadville RV Corral?

• cable tv

Leadville RV Dump Station
Sugar loafin campground
Sugar Loafin Campground
Leadville, Colorado
Turquoise lake rv dump station
Turquoise Lake RV Dump Station