Lakeview Campground

Lakeview Campground Loop Northway, AK 99764 907-883-5312 Official Website

Open Seasonally: April-Oct.
Max Stay: 14
Max Length: 24 ft

Accessibility is not guaranteed, always scout ahead before driving down dirt roads.
Learn more: Boondocking 101

Verizon
Thumb b2bc0844 f025 4fb5 9768 16597b58fef5
Opaleyes
NV Ford
“Beautiful lake but sad circumstances ”

Reviewed Jun 16, 2019

I’ll start by saying that is is a lovely area and the lake was beautiful but to many upsetting events took place in my 4 days there.

Pros: right off the road, free, and lake is lovely.

Cons: uneven sites, no host, noise from road, local dog begging for food, and I was robbed.

I came back to this campground after staying the night at deadman’s lake CG and going to Tok for supplies. I was going to go back to deadman’s but this CG is much smaller(no big motor homes) and has better access to the lake. I decided to stay since it was closer to where I was coming from and seemed pretty nice.

Upon arrival there were only two other campers staying at the camp but only one spot that was taken was level. All other campsites were super uneven and impossible to stay at without blocks.
Next there is a very skinny but friendly dog that kept by everyday looking for love and food. He’s very nice but has no manners and when the locals who came to get him each night seem to care less if they followed there car back home or not.
Finally on my last morning there I decided to go kayaking for a short trip around the small lake. When I returned my back window was smashed in and wallet and phone were taken. Along with all my stuff being gone through. This was also when the campground was full. I saw a sketchy truck drive though the campground everyday and while I was on the water when I was robbed. The authorities were helpful but they said that this has never happened before.

So overall I would recommend staying at deadman’s lake where there’s a host and it’s not right off the road. Minus the fact I was broken into the sites were still super uneven and the location isn’t the best when wild dogs are running through your site.

The other review was so lovely and I would’ve loved to love this spot but I want to warn others of what can happen

Verizon

Carrie would stay here again

“One of our top campsites in our full year of travel.”

Reviewed Feb 25, 2016

Oh Tetlin how we miss you! We camped here on our way into Alaska and ended up staying a full week in early July 2014. We vowed to return on our way out and we did, staying another week in late August. Just a beautiful, serene spot. Waterfowl galore. Loons and trumpeter swans serenade you. Beavers are active and fun to watch, slapping their tails when you paddle too close. Lake Yarger is beautiful and always offers something new in every light. A small campground - not for big rigs but up to 24 ft. Okay. No water, but vault toilet serviced regularly.

Thumb image
Cjcarter27's Travel Blog: Tetlin, United States - September 2, 2014

Tetlin, Alaska Tuesday, September 2, 2014 August 19- Sept. 2As you read this we are saying farewell to Alaska and driving across the border into...

Deadman lake campground tetlin nwr
Deadman Lake Campground
Dept. Fish & Wildlife
Northway, AK
Tok river state rec area
Tok River State Rec Area
1202 Motor Inn and RV Park
Beaver Creek, YT, Canada
Beaver creek rv park motel
Beaver Creek RV Park & Motel