Lakeview Campground

Max Stay: 14

Site Number: H5
“Great stay”

Reviewed Jul 24, 2017

I usually like to camp in dispersed areas, but I came here with my mom for an actual campground and I highly recommend this place. We didn't plan on being here at first (as our original spot was full and other areas were not great), but we came upon this site and drove in and saw a "Campground Full" sign, but the host was right there and told us that there were two sites open. The hosts were so helpful and friendly, and drove us to our site. They also sell firewood there.

They take very good care of this campground. The sites have a picnic table, a fire pit and a grill and plenty of space for tents. They clean the pits out for the next campers. The vault toilets were clean and actually smelled nice. The sites were fairly spaced out. You can still see your neighbors, but you aren't camped on top of each other.

You are up on a hill that overlooks the Twin Lakes. Some sites have absolutely gorgeous views of the lake, some are blocked by trees, but still wonderful.And it's nice to have shade. You have visibility to Mt. Elbert and other mountains. You do hear traffic occasionally. And I'd like to apologize for my barking dogs (they are not campers), but it was peaceful. Oh and no mosquitos!

The town of Twin Lakes has a small store with everything you'd need from food to hiking gear. The lakes are beautiful and serene. You can keep driving up over Independence Pass and go to Aspen, or go up north and hit Leadville. .

There were plenty of RVs that were able to park and drive around the campgrounds. Plenty of tent campers as well. Each site will hold a few tents.

I recommend this campground and area for anyone that wants a nice established campground experience. They do both reservations and luckily for us, some first come first serve.

Thumb 20160528 144343
JennGrover
Pittsburgh, PA
16 Little Guy T@b
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 3.6L
Site Number: G loop

JennGrover would stay here again

“Nice NFS Campground With Many Sites”

Reviewed Jun 14, 2016

This is a large NFS campground, above Twin Lakes Reservoir and close to the many boondocking spots in the area. I arrived late on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend and was able to find a spot, so the mere size of this campground is a bonus.

The sites vary by size. I secured a small site in the G loop. This site was set amidst the pines and offered some nice mountain views in the rear of the site. I was able to get enough solar productivity to recharge my batteries before pulling out at 11:00 for checkout.

The campground was very quiet and clean. Apart from trash and vault toilets, there are no facilities. Each site has a fire ring and picnic table.

If you can't find a boondocking spot or just want to able able to pull into a site, this campground is the way to go.

I received 2 bars of 4G on Verizon without a booster.

about Lakeview Campground?

Twin Lakes View
Twin lakes north
Twin Lakes North
Twin Lakes, Colorado
Twin lakes rv dump station
Twin Lakes RV Dump Station