Lake Piru Recreation Area

Rv Chickadee
FL
24 Crossroads Slingshot
2003 Toyota Tundra

Rv Chickadee would stay here again

“Perfect for a getaway”

Reviewed Nov 22, 2017

I don't stay at campgrounds. However, every now and then I have to for work or whatnot.

I had to stay here not by my own choice, but it turned out to do the job just fine. It's quiet, and off the beaten path. Deer are pretty tame and walk around constantly. I was in site 18, which is one of the only ones that doesn't have a spot right next to it. I had brush and a volleyball court on the other side.

What I liked most about the campground was that I could walk behind my site immediately into places I could take my dogs immediately off leash. In addition, down that road a little, there's a green park with lots of trees and picnic tables. Beyond THAT, there is a fenced in grassy dog park. Very nice.

They have showers but they are paid showers, by the minute. This helps to conserve water as well as move people along during busy times.

The hosts were super nice and the CG has a relaxed vibe, at least it did when I was there. They weren't idiotic about getting you to pay immediately or just after check out time if you were still there. That's really nice. You could pick your own spot. They were just very accommodating. For a campground. 😆

What else? Oh, I had perfect internet with my ATT Mobley, but there is NO Verizon there. You will lose it on the windy road coming in.

It's about 30 min from Santa Clarita which has all the stores and amenities you would ever need.

The cg roads are paved, the sites are dirt. Solar isn't great as you are pretty close to the nearby hills, so I only had sun from around 9-3:30 or so. Then there's brush around a lot of sites, too.

I was dry camping. Had I looked/known that electric sites were only $2 more, I would have done that. My batteries would have been happier.

All in all, this was a positive experience for me.

about Lake Piru Recreation Area?

• wifi: pay

Valencia Travel Village
Oak flat campground
Oak Flat Campground
Castaic, California
Cataic lake state recreation area
Castaic Lake State Recreation Area