Question about Lake Jennings Campground

Samantha

Samantha asked on 10/25/2022

I may stay here while I do a class during the day in La Mesa. Would my travel trailer be safe from being stolen alone w/o a vehicle in front?

Kira
Kira
Lakeside, CA

Answered on 10/26/2022:

Samantha, we have never had a trailer stolen off the property. Feel free to give us a heads up that you'll be off property for the day too and we can have staff keep an eye on it during their daily rounds too.

Answered on 10/26/2022:

Hi Samantha : ) I think it would be very safe there, but you could ask the people at the Lk. Jennings office at ‭(619) 390-1623‬. I've called them several times with other questions and they usually can help. A second choice near La Mesa is Santee Lakes but I don't think it is any different re. how safe it is to leave a trailer/rv. They are both regular campgrounds I think they'd be safe. (Lake Jennings is prettier too, is up on a bluff, has trees, nice views, etc. Santee Lakes has man made rectangular "lake.")
KennyB
KennyB
San Diego, CA
Honda CRV

Answered on 2/9/2023:

We were tent camping which is less secure than an RV and we did not hesitate; did not have a problem. But all it takes is one thief, right? Due to the constant presence of campground staff and several park hosts, I think this is a safe campground.
Grovester
Grovester
Jeep Rubicon

Answered on 10/26/2022:

Probably would be ok but I wouldn’t do it