Lake Harris Campground

Elevation 1,574 ft / 479 m

Max Length 40 ft

View Map

Supporter Subscription

Become a Campendium Supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing plus bonus features!

• Cell Coverage Maps
  • Public Land Overlays
  • Trail Map Layers
  • Ad Free

Unlock Features

$20 Billed Annually

Q&A - Ask the Community about Lake Harris Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Lake Harris Campground

Reviews of Lake Harris Campground 2 people have reviewed this location.

Last reported 9/4/2019
ADK Man
Potsdam, NY
26' Starcraft Launch RLS
Toyota Tundra
“Great paddling terrible camping!!!”

Reviewed 12/6/2020

I made my reservations through Reserve America. On my reservation sheet it clearly stated that check in time was noon-8pm. I arrived at ten after twelve and was meant by a lady who was very upset that I was there "early". I had reserved site 1 and nobody had been on the site for two days. So as we preceded to finish up the reservation she then gave me a warning and threaten to kick me out because she only gives one warning....this took me by surprised as I had said nothing or did nothing because clearly she was having a bad day and I was not going to irritate her more. I asked why for the warning because I had done nothing but stand at the check in window as she did the paperwork!! She explained that everyone that enters she gives them a warning at check in and so if you do anything wrong at all.....she calls the troopers to have you removed. Once I got through that I traveled to my site which was the first one. It was easy to back into but most of the sites in the campground are on the small side and really not able to fit rigs longer than 20-24'. The interior roads are paved and narrow, the bathrooms are typical DEC campground bathrooms. If you have solar there is not much sun through the canopy of the tree's. Being in the Adirondacks I expect that sometimes there will be visitors at night but I did not expect the army of mice that showed up every night. I set traps around my rig and caught over 20 mice in three nights, they were everywhere...the showers...the bathrooms!! As for as the paddling, Lake Harris was a great paddle and I even paddled down the Hudson River for a ways!! There are no electric sites in the campground, there are water spigots around the park and a dump station n the way out. There is a trash and recycling building, a beach area but I had no cell service. The closest gas is in Long Lake, but there is a nice café and general store just down the road in Newcomb. I was told there was wifi at the town hall, but I was not able to pick it up. I love the area and will be back, but I'll stay at another campground.

Verizon

Patirondacks
South Glens Falls, NY
29' Forest River Tracer
Ram 3500
“Small yet a definite yes! ”

Reviewed 9/4/2019

Nice spot overlooking the lake with a slight embankment to the water where you can put in your kayak. Sites are spaced for privacy, but are quite open. We were happy even though we had neighbors. Nice paved road around the campground. We didn’t use facilities. The campground was very well maintained but we were here the last week of the season so it wasn’t very full. Boat launch and beach nearby. We would love to come again but there are too many other places to explore. We would definitely recommend this campground! Cell tower in distant view with great reception.

Patirondacks would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Lake Harris Campground!

Be the first to add a video for Lake Harris Campground!

Have you written a blog post about Lake Harris Campground?

• boat ramp

Thornbush Acres RV Park

ADK Full Hookups!

- JRugg338

Lake Durant Campground

Shady sites around lake. Quiet, no hookups, poor cell.

- Dave, Gerdien & Grace