Laguna Mountain Campground

Pad Type: gravel
Max Stay: 14

SubaruVagabond
Subaru Outback

SubaruVagabond would stay here again

“Beautiful, Quiet, No cell signal”

Reviewed Jul 25, 2015

I camped here one Friday night, and found it a wonderful spot. I got in early afternoon, and there was only one other person. All of the spots filled up before sunset, but I had a pleasant, quiet stay. At sunset and night, some wildlife made some noises in the area, which I really enjoy.

Pinnacles National Park is close, which I visited. I was going to stay a second night and go back there but needed to head to Fresno for some business and so didn't return. This is a spot I would have loved spending the whole weekend, though. There's also a nearby waterfall and other outdoor activities, which I wasn't there long enough to really experience.

I didn't get any cell reception at all, which would keep me from even attempting it on normal weekdays, needing that for work.

It got a bit warm (visited in July) during the day, but there are nicely covered tables for each spot, providing nice shade. There was some light trash (cigarette butts and two beer cans nearby) left by previous visitors that I found, but overall, it was a mostly clean campsite. At least the one vault toilet located on site was particularly clean for my visit!

All said, it is on my list places to return to for a weekend visit if I am in the area.

about Laguna Mountain Campground?

Upper sweetwater campground
Upper Sweetwater Campground
BLM
Paicines, California
Condon peak campground
Condon Peak Campground
BLM
Coalinga, California
Ciudad del rey motel rv park
Ciudad Del Rey Motel & RV Park