Kolob Reservoir South Shore

44 XLR Thunderbolt 375 AMP
2015 GMC Denali 2500
Site Number: No sites

Jahlin89 would stay here again

“Nice place, steep climb to it though”

Reviewed Jul 05, 2018

To start off if you have a large trailer or RV this is not for the faint of heart. The water level was low so we were able to camp on what normally would be an island which also gave us plenty of room to maneuver. If the reservoir was full we probably would have been unable to camp here.

Their are no assigned camp sites so this is open dry camping. Areas to camp are around the shore of the lake and are not very large. The other disadvantage is you’re right on the road which people are offen driving on stirring up dust.

The fishing here wasn’t as good as I expected out of 5 days of fishing I only caught 1 fish. A boy scout troop was camping next to us and out of 4 days of camping and fishing they also only cought one fish.

The road driving to Kolob is also extremely steep going up the steep hills was extremely demanding on my truck. The trip down was also extremely challenging thankfully my truck is equipped with an exhaust break which assisted in keeping speeds slow going down the mountain. Let me add I’m experienced in hauling heavy loads through steep mountain grades so I know how to utilize gearing and proper breaking tactics. If you are not skilled in driving steep grades with trailers DO NOT go here even vehicles with no trailers I could smell their breaks burning and our vehicle also experienced some hot breaks at times.

As far as cell service goes we have Verizon and had service only in one small spot on the shore of the lake which was 1x one bar which allowed us to make phone calls only. A family Member with AT&T never had service. Additionally there was absolutely no cell service while driving up or down the mountain on either Verizon or AT&T.

This area is truly best for tent camping but we saw several small trailers that were probably much easier then our massive 44ft trailer.

AT&T
Sprint
Verizon Voice Only
T-Mobile

about Kolob Reservoir South Shore?

• Dispersed Camping

Lava point campground
Lava Point Campground
National Park
Springdale, Utah
Red ledge rv park campground
Red Ledge RV Park & Campground