Klondike RV Park & Cottages

Open Seasonally: May-Sept.

AT&T 4G
Jeff S

Winnebago Vista LX 27N

Jeff S would stay here again

“One of the nicest RV Parks in Alaska”

Reviewed Jun 28, 2016

As an Alaska resident, we're not overly enamored with RV parks in our home state. This one is an exception. We arrived just looking for a quick overnight to dump tanks, refill water, and groceries but we were very happy with our experience.

The park has two small loops. One has plenty of trees and foliage between the sites and the other loop has grass between the sites with no additional tree coverage. We ended up with a site in the forested section and loved the shade but be aware of the sap! Wifi coverage (included) was fast most of the time. Even though every site was full, I was pleasantly surprised at the low volume of noise in the park even during waking hours. There is some ambient noise from the nearby Soldotna airport, but for many this may even be an attraction. After 8 days in the wildlife refuge I was looking forward to some television, but only OTA is available.

The employees were friendly. About the time I told my son to go back to help me back the trailer, an employee was in my mirror helping with directions. Overall we enjoyed our stay and will be back when we need to overnight in the Kenai/Soldotna area.

AT&T 4G

Thumb img 5777   version 2
Alaska (Chapter 10) – July 2017

Lake Clark National Park and Preserve. No, we did not take our Airstream here – that would be hard without swimmies or wings. But I did fly over in a small plane from Soldotna for the purpose of sho...

• cabins