Johnson Branch

Valley View, TX 76272
940-637-2294

Sprint 4G
Site Number: Walnut loop
“ Ray Roberts Lake State Park--Yikes !”

Reviewed Jan 27, 2018

Including $14 daily use fees we paid $39 for our 1 night stay. That is outrageous for a outdated bath house that could only produce a (men's) ice water shower. Bathroom stalls were tiny, no hand soap, shower dressing area was three benches arranged in a U shape. Zero privacy. No wi-fi, cell service, sewer hook-ups or cable tv. OTA tv was fine though.

The lake is pretty and the sites are generously laid out. We were there during a controlled burn that filled the afternoon air with smoke. We were told about the burn but were reassured that it would not be a problem. We walked down to the lake and saw extensive shoreline damage. It looked like feral hog damage. Great, we're going to be eaten by wild pigs. We camped Jan. 25, 2018 in a 25' travel trailer.

Bob Barker RV Guy
McKinney, TX
36 Crossroads Sunset Trail Reserve 32RL
2016 Ford F250

Bob Barker RV Guy would stay here again

“One Of My Favorite Texas State Parks!!”

Reviewed Aug 11, 2017

I spent two weeks camping here in the fall of 2016 and simply loved it! Thanks to being in the off season there were few people camping during the week and only on Fri and Sat nights did it get crowded.
Easy access to the water made for lots of fishing and relaxing! I landed several bass that were well over 5lbs!
The sites are all wide and well laid out, some better than others. The facilities are well maintained and were always clean.
The best feature of this park, for me, is the very wide concrete hike and bike paths that are perfect for riding my high speed mobility scooter! I have posted several videos of my Johnson Branch adventure on my YT channel and they cam be seen here...

Sprint 4G

RV Camping At Lake Ray Roberts Johnson Branch State Park Sites #50 And #58

Published on Nov 19, 2016http://RVsFor.com In late Oct 2016 we spent two weeks RV camping at Lake RAy Roberts Johnson Branch State Park in north Texas. In this video I provide information and a review...

Challenger X scooter tour of the hike bike path Johnson Branch State Park

on a beautiful fall afternoon I took the Challenger x on a tour around the hike and bike path at Johnson Branch State Park on Lake Ray Roberts. it's about a 3-mile loop. in this video I run from the sw...

Lone Oak RV Park
Gainesville RV Park
Gainesville, Texas
Davids Over Night Park
Gainesville, Texas
Shady creek rv park storage
Shady Creek RV Park & Storage