John Gurney Park Campground

Nomad Reign
Apalachicola, FL
18 Oliver Travel Trailers Legacy Elite, Hull #309
2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4

Nomad Reign would stay here again

“Downtown Hart”

Reviewed Jul 30, 2018

John Gurney Campground fails to include in its amenities any mention of the 22-mile long Hart-Montague Bike Trail. Bob the Dog and I discovered it today and rode out a couple of miles. It begins a few easy blocks east and west of downtown Hart and runs all the way to my next destination in Montague. The bike trail alone is worth five stars, but it is not fair to over-rate this campground just because in providing a hot shower and a place to park my rig it enables me access to such a wonderful ride. The campground does a disservice to itself and cyclists not to properly hype this fantastic recreational activity. Instead, pickelball courts and swimming headline the show.

Good story at the historical marker to the entrance regarding the beginnings of this early auto tourist camp. A small campground with every amenity. Great AT&T cell service. Nice hiking trail along the wooded edge of the large man-made lake. Campsites are relatively tight with neighbors too close. Several permanent sites which is a negative for me due to the awful yard decorations these sorts use. But the campground was close to town and actually had water hookups which most (maybe all) Michigan state parks don't have. My site was not level. The dirt around my site was a bit littered in addition to being a dumping ground for pigs who drip and pour their grill grease and charcoal waste everywhere surrounding the vicinity of the picnic table. Pretty drive getting here, but the park is not my cup of tea.

Shellart would stay here again

“A lovely well treed park with much to offer for such a small fee!”

Reviewed Jul 17, 2017

It was a last minute decision to stay here and we are so happy we did. VERY CLEAN park. With electric and water and WIFI included. A very strong signal allowed us to stream effortlessly. Bathrooms were near and very nice, clean. Four Pickleball courts kept us exercised and happy. The lake view was fantastic and we could not have asked for a more peaceful environment to enjoy our visit with friends in Hart, MI.

When I looked it up, I said to my husband that I hoped it would be as nice as the pictures. IT IS!!!

John Gurney Park Campground, Hart, MI

Talk about busy. Got up around 2:15 AM in order to get Beverly to the Tri-City airport for her 6AM flight to San Francisco. Returned to the cabin to eat breakfast and feed Bob, head to the woods for th...

• boat ramp

Dunes Harbor Family Camp
Mears state park
Mears State Park
Pentwater, Michigan
Jellystone park camp resort silver lake mi
Jellystone Park Camp Resort