Question about Joe Skeen Campground

Outdoor man asked on 11/14/2021

I'm passIng threw late November, is it open year round and do thy get snow there?

Juniper
Juniper
NM
16' Airstream Basecamp

Answered on 11/15/2021:

We stayed there in late December one year; I believe it is open year round. Snow is possible, but very rare in that area and will usually melt the same day, after the sun rises.
isoseeker
isoseeker
White Rock, NM
36' Newmar

Answered on 11/15/2021:

It is open year round. They get snow there but it has been a mild fall (100 miles away) and the winter is forecast to be a La Nina which means deepening drought.

Answered on 11/15/2021:

I stayed there in late October and it was open and lovely.
Keiferbass
Keiferbass
Baytown, TX
29' Sport Trek by Venture RV 252VRD
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 2016

Answered on 11/15/2021:

Freezes are likely at night in November. Precipitation is not likely because the mean monthly precip is less than 0.8"
WrongWay2
WrongWay2
GA
Dodge Caravan

Answered on 11/15/2021:

Yes, they get snow there. The whole northern New Mexico region can get snow. I can't tell you if they're open year round or not, but I can tell you that I had a question about this very campground a few years ago and recieved a friendly, fast and accurate answer with simple phone call to the local field office.
Jim Bob
Jim Bob
KS
21' Winnebago 59k

Answered on 11/15/2021:

Be sure to check the Recreation.gov site for any updates. Currently the Ranger Station is closed and they mention there is no water available for campers and RV's. Lovely place and enjoy your stay.