• Reviews (2)

Overview of Irish Canyon Campground

Elevation 6,594 ft / 2,009 m

Max Length 30 ft

View Map
portable computer displaying map of camping locations
mobile device showing map of camping locations
Roadpass Pro
Signup for Roadpass Pro to get premium access to all of these great road travel apps.
Logos for Roadtrippers, RVillage, TOGO RV, and Campendium
Trail Maps
Filter by Elevation
Pro icon Join Roadpass Pro

Q&A - Ask the Community about Irish Canyon Campground

To ask questions of the owner or manager please contact the campground directly. 970-826-5000

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Irish Canyon Campground

Reviews of Irish Canyon Campground 2 people have reviewed this location.

Tuckdaddy13
Colorado Springs, CO
12' Craft Cargo Elite V
2018 Ford Escape
“Irish Canyon ranks at the top of the list in Colorado BLM’s”

Reviewed 10/12/2018

My family rolled into Irish Canyon on September 26, 2018. That consist of my wife, 11 yr old daughter, 6 yr old Yorker/palm, & myself, traveling in our Ford Escape,& an enclosed 6 x 12 cargo trailer we are converting into a camper/home. We were excited as soon as we saw the campground and quickly started setting up camp on site #1. Later my daughter explored the campground and found site #4 on the hill. She asked me to come check it out, & we stopped by the cleanest vault toilet on our walk up the hill. There was also a trash can set out with a fresh clean bag, but no trash. It is evident someone cares about maintaining this beauty! Anyways while looking at #4 I could see my daughter had been letting her imagination run wild up there & she asked me to go grab a few toys. I ran down & grabbed the whole camp and moved up to #4. Once we were settled we decided to go ahead and stay 2 nights. On night #1 an older gentleman rolled up on a bicycle and set up camp. I think he rolled out at sun up. A few rolled in near daybreak while we were there and cooked food and slept, but all exited rather early. This spot can be a quick quiet nap or a week of relaxation in beautiful NW Colorado! No matter what, IT’S A WINNER!!

Take a left out of the campground and drive approximately 4 miles for a few Barstow Verizon LTE, & got a 3G with the wife’s AT&T. At the actual campsites, ZERO RECEPTION!!! Or hike approximately 30 minutes up hill past #4 campsite for beautiful view and enough signal to FaceTime your Mom:) (check pics for view)

AT&T
Verizon

Tuckdaddy13 would stay here again

“Beautiful Spot”

Reviewed 7/6/2018

The BLM has done a great job with this campground. It is beautifully maintained and every site has a picnic table and fire ring. There are pit toilets as well. The canyon itself is mesmerizing and very peaceful. We were not the only people there but everyone was quiet and friendly. Highly recommend.

acookson would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Irish Canyon Campground!

RoamSchoolingAdventures
Knoxville, TN
40' Grand Design Solitude
Dodge RAM 3500

Have you written a blog post about Irish Canyon Campground?