Question about Indian Bread Rocks

Mal asked on 7/11/2020

How far is it into town? Any decent mtn.bike trails?

Thumb  cfo5152 dxo 2
Road it up
35' Bluebird Wanderlodge 1984 1987 Volkswagon Vanagon Syncro Wesfalia

Answered on 7/12/2020:

No MTB trails from there, but the AZ trails (Las ciniegas) is a few hours away and worth it.

Answered on 7/12/2020:

Agree with others. Bowie is the nearest town of any size. I did not bike on this trip and did not see much in the way of trails, just roads. Fort Bowie is a nice side trip if you have the time. Good history of the area. Rangers are very helpful.

Answered on 7/12/2020:

It is a bit of a remote camping location, albeit one of my favorites. You want to go there prepared with food and whatnot so you don't need to go to town. As for mb trails, I don't recall seeing any, although this is clearly an area where it could be fun with a mountain bike. We have not explored much about the mountains that sit right behind Indian Bread Rocks, so not sure what is there. Clearly, lots of hiking potential.
Thumb chris david
Chris&David
Redmond, OR 23' Oliver Oliver Legacy Elite II Ford F150

Answered on 7/12/2020:

It’s about 30 minutes to town. I don’t recall any mountain bike trails, but you can use an app like Trailforks to search for trails in that area. Also use an app like maps or google to find the distance in both minutes and miles between the camping spot to the town you wish to travel to ;-)
Thumb b29ed2f2 d4d3 4a4d 8462 9d1f97ad72a9
JHavicon
Sierra Vista, AZ 29' Jayco 264BHW Ram 1500

Answered on 7/12/2020:

There’s a little town nearby, but without a lot of services. The next closest town is about 30 miles away. I don’t know about mountain bike trail. We did a lot of off trail hiking when we were there.
We need your help!
We depend on the support of the community for maintenance and development of the Campendium website. If everyone who visits Campendium today gave $1.50 we would hit our goal. Learn more about the 2020 Campendium Fundraiser all the ways you can support us: Subscribe Donate Purchase