Huber City Park

WanderWithTheWork...
ID
23 Fleetwood Mallard 23D
1993 Ford F250

WanderWithTheWorkmans would stay here again

“It truly doesn't get any better than this”

Reviewed Oct 13, 2018

I mean, c'mon: Free water, free electric, dumpsters for your trash, a dump station, GREAT cell service, close to Walmart, easy level sites, lots of elbow room, and all of this for the low, low price of absolutely nothing.

I told my husband that I felt like we'd hit the lottery.

There's a stay limit of 72 hours in any seven-day period, so it isn't like you can just set up shop here and never leave, which is good because then there'd be no place for new visitors to stay. :)

Some cons:
*You are next to a fairly major road, so there is road traffic noise, even with the windows closed. But c'mon, you're in a city. This is to be expected, and in my humble opinion, it doesn't really bother me at all. But if you're someone who is bothered by that...go find a boondocking spot out in the wilderness. :-p

*The bathrooms in the park are flush toilets, but that's the end of the positive features. There was no toilet paper on the holders, one of the toilets was nothing but a floating brown sea, the toilets are made out of freezing cold stainless steel, the walls have never been washed in their lives, and there were cigarette butts everywhere. It was, to put it nicely, positively disgusting. I like to use bathrooms elsewhere other than in my trailer when I can so I don't have to worry about dumping as often, but I will be using our toilet during the duration of our stay.

Other than those two things, I honestly cannot say enough nice stuff about this place. The park...holy cow, if you have children, you must come here! There's a splash zone for them to run around in during the summer, there's basketball courts and batting cages and big grassy areas galore and really nice playground equipment and benches everywhere for you to sit and watch them...the city has spent a lot of money on this park. There's even a bird atrium that we haven't had a chance to go explore yet but will, and an incredibly nice (and very expensive) war memorial to go look at.

They've put a lot of money into this place; I just wish they'd chosen to spend some of it on the bathrooms.

The internet is so good for all three internet sources that we have (AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint) that we don't even need our booster on. It's fast and reliable without it.

All in all, two huge thumbs up, and a big thank you to the city for putting this together.

Sprint 4G/LTE

Gypsy Woman would stay here again

“Great overnight ”

Reviewed Sep 22, 2018

Beautiful Park, sites are clean, close to Walmart. Some road and train noise but bearable. Can stay 72 hours. Back in sites (10) with electric and water. Dump station, restroom, playground, City Park.

about Huber City Park?