Howard Miller Steelhead County Park

ericaberry2001
Kent, WA
GMC Sierra

ericaberry2001 would stay here again

“Most beautiful park ever!”

Reviewed Nov 03, 2015

We stayed at this park on Halloween weekend and were lucky enough to be one of maybe 7 campers in the whole park. The weather was horrible and the Skagit River threatened to overrun its banks the whole time, but this park was amazing.

The site we originally had reserved was near the river, and even though we showed up pretty late, the campground host greeted us to let us know that they'd moved us further away from the river. He basically said we could have our pick of the rest of the campground since they hardly had anyone there that weekend anyways. The park host was SUPER nice and helpful.

The sites are all either paved or gravel and are pretty level. Each site had a very nice fire ring and a picnic table that looked brand new.

The bathrooms were immaculate and I liked the little detail of having somewhere to secure your dog outside while you run in to use the facilities. The only drawback I found in the restrooms was the funky shower setup. They have two of them side-by-side with a small changing area outside of both with curtains for privacy - however - to get to the furthest one, you have to pass through the changing area of the closer shower. I would imagine that it gets a little busy in the summer. And awkward.

The grounds were beautiful - I'm sure it helped that the many trees in this campground were in the process of changing colors, but I was told that even in the summer, the campground is kept very nice.

I will definitely come back to this campground, although, I'd probably frequent this one in Fall or Spring when there's fewer people likely to be there. The sites, although very very nice, were somewhat close together and there's no privacy between them (unless you get one of the river sites or pull-throughs).

Overall, a fantastic trip despite the horrible weather!

about Howard Miller Steelhead County Park?

• boat ramp

Kulshan campground
Kulshan Campground
Utility
Concrete, Washington
Timberline rv mobile home park
Timberline RV & Mobile Home Park