Houck Area Campground

Cunningham Falls State Park

Campground Drive Thurmont, MD 21788 301-271-7574 Reservations: 888-432-2267 Official Website

Open Seasonally: April-Oct.

AT&T
Thumb bc643b33 5d1f 42bd 86da a4184c49985f
Beans224
Louisville, KY 19' Palomino Puma 19RL Dodge 1500
“Great location for hikers needing electric ”

Reviewed Jun 03, 2019

I loved my time here! It was very quiet during the week and filled to capacity on the weekend. I stayed in the Addison loop. This loop has 30amp electric and allows dogs. No water hookups but the spigot was right next to site 10. Amazing location to great hikes right off the campground. Also very close to Catoctin Mountain Park which has phenomenal views and strenuous trails. The camp host, Jim, helped direct me at backing in since I travel solo. Checked on me and he pups once a day too! Had ZERO AT&T service unless I walked up the hill to the other camp loops, but definitely nothing in this loop, although I didn’t try my booster because I had great service on my Verizon hot spot. Bath house has two shower stalls and lots of resident stink bugs and roaches :( Showers were HOT though. Dump station at the exit.
Also, experienced a tornado warning one day and the ranger came around announcing that to those that might not know (I got the alert on my phone), so I thought that was great. No recycling bins that I saw so that was disappointing for a state park. Don’t listen to your GPS if it tells you to do anything other than to come in off 15 to MD 77. I used my RV gps and it took me on Catoctin Mtn Rd off of 15, the long way and it was so narrow and winding I wanted to cry! Would definitely come back!

AT&T

Site Number: 7 Addison

cabinfvr1 would stay here again

“Spacious and private site”

Reviewed Sep 16, 2018

Camped in a 15' Teardrop trailer in Site #7 Addison - only electric loop and also allows pets. Very level, heavily wooded, private and plenty of shade. Various water locations through out the loop to fill up a water container. Very spacious site as most are in the Maryland State Parks. Electric worked well and good location. Restrooms and showers were great. Will definitely book this site again. When we were tent campers we always booked #105 in the Deer Spring Branch loop. Very private and huge site with lots of shade. We've also switched to a small one room cabins when the weather was going to be rainy and didn't want to set up camp in the rain. With the beauty of the cabin you can stay dry and still have a small front porch with overhang. Roomy outside to do cooking, campfire and eating at the picnic table. Cunningham, Houck area is centrally located for good antique shopping in Emmitsburg, Md and on Rt 40 in Hagerstown. Stop at Rocky's Pizza on Tippin Dr for great subs, pizza and italian food. In season stop by Pryor Orchard for great produce.

about Houck Area Campground?

• swimming beach