Question about Hope Valley Dispersed

Kristyn asked on 1/31/2020

Is this spot open to campers in April?

Thumb badlands2
The Cappy's
SD 32' Dutchmen Denali 289RK Dodge Ram 2500

Answered on 2/1/2020:

It’s always open. At 7,000 ft though there could be snow on the ground and no one clears the snow.
Thumb bessie and little airstream best
LaurieFlood
Pollock Pines, CA 8' Trailers Plus Interstate Cargo Trailer Conversion

Answered on 1/31/2020:

No, you need to look at the elevation. You're talking about somewhere over 7,000 feet in elevation. Unless some horrible thing happens and we don't get the snowpack we need, there is going to be feet of snow in that location. That location usually you can't get to until about mid-june. If you really wanted to, and didn't mind all that snow, you can stay down Blue Lakes Road in the Snow Park area. In April you will have to pay the fee. I think the daily fee is $5. The fee for the season is 25. I don't know if you realize it, but it's going to be incredibly cold there in April. At night, it will be around 20 degrees and below.
Thumb f5dac2cb ea95 4d61 9544 af99f01ea40d
Traveling Artist
Cedarville, CA 12' Chalet Alpine 2014 Toyota Tacoma

Answered on 5/25/2020:

I’ve camped in this area in April in years past. No snow on the ground, but one morning I did wake up to snow flurries. It just depends on the year, and you need to pay attention to weather reports.
We need your help!
We depend on the support of the community for maintenance and development of the Campendium website. If everyone who visits Campendium today gave $1.50 we would hit our goal. Learn more about the 2020 Campendium Fundraiser all the ways you can support us: Subscribe Donate Purchase