Holiday Campground

Reservations: 877-444-6777

anais57 would stay here again

“Heaven”

Reviewed Jun 22, 2018

Spent two nights in route from Providence Canyon to Coudland Canyon. I paid $12 a night with senior pass. Almost all campsites are on the water. In this end loop the sites are level with the water and easy, sandy access to clear, clean water to swim on my 90º days. Oh my it was hot. The sites have good separation and ample space. Even with low cell service I was able to use my computer on Verizon hotspot. All my neighboring sites people were friendly, family next to me did play music most all day. Once I wrapped my head around appreciating the music, I made sure I enjoyed the peace and quiet in the evenings. I would love to come back here and stay for a week.

Nancy
Moretown, VT
19 Airstream Globe Trotter / Trade Wind
2014 Toyota Tacoma

Nancy would stay here again

“Idyllic”

Reviewed Jun 05, 2016

This is a very popular US Army Corps of Engineers campground on West Point Lake on the Georgia and Alabama border near La Grange, Georgia. The campground is situated on a peninsula that juts out into the middle of the lake, so almost all the campsites are on the water. Most of the well-spaced sites have some shade and grassy area in front of the water. Some sites are closer to the bathroom or shower/laundry room. Some can be a good walk. So plan according to your needs.

You are able to go swimming right from your campsite! We were able to leave our canoe near the water. There are miles of roads in the park, so bring a bike.

This was a good location for us to paddle and visit Callaway Garden and FDR's Little White House.

Traveling in April down south allows you to stay in popular areas with no reservation and little competition for campsites. We showed up and they let us pick out the campsite we wanted based on availability. There are no bad sites, some just appeal to you more than others.

Another perk to traveling off season is that it tends to be quieter. I am not sure I would want to paddle a canoe in peak season. This is a big lake with at least two dozen campgrounds or day use areas and I am sure the lake can get very busy, which provides a different experience.

If you have a National Park Pass for Seniors, you have a reduced rate at the campground.

about Holiday Campground?