Hilltop Campgrounds & RV Park

Bencoffman
Rush Springs, OK 36' Coachman Freedom Express 323 BHS 2001 Ford F250
“Horrible! ”

Reviewed Nov 23, 2018

Not sure how this place has any review higher than 1 star. From the first phone call interaction with the owner (Linda) to arrival I was treated like unwanted trash. I travel full time with my family and have been to a lot of parks. This was only an overnight stay as we made our way to Florida but in that time it was the worst Experience of any park in all my travels.

When we arrived L came out of her office puffing on a nasty ciggerette already filling the small office with more smoke. I don’t mind you smoking but it was nauseating and worse than most casinos.

Was told upon arrival by Linda that I was seconds away from being told to piss off and to go somewhere else. Not sure why as I wasn’t under any specified time to arrive and got there at 5:35pm. Was also by L that she doesn’t do over night stays even though she has single night stay prices listed on her wall. She stated not once but 4 times that Sunday is her day off and made sure I knew how inconvienent it was for her that I was arriving on a Sunday.
[Maybe you should state somewhere online that you are not open on Sunday Linda. Or even better don’t answer the phone when someone calls.]

Sites are very close together unlike the other commenter on here. They were close enough I could stand between my slide out and my neighbors slide out and touch both our trailers.

Some sites are numbered if you can actually find the number. Our site wasn’t numbered and after walking the entire campground in the dark I found what I believe was our site. That was only from deductive reasoning as the three site by me had no number on them but the row itself had a starting number.

Site was a mud pit in the morning and I could see it being a problem for anyone without 4-wheel drive.

Ok now it wasn’t all hell. The pros!

The campground itself was very peaceful and looked pretty even though it was raining. It seemed like a very crowded but quiet place. For us with two young toddlers it was almost too quiet.
The hookups all worked great and the site we had was pull through and easy to get out and on the road.

Final thoughts.

Linda needs to hire an office manager to enjoys other humans or at least pretends to.

Don’t show up on a Sunday for God sake. Fair warning.

Arrive before sunset as you will probably be walking the campground looking at every site trying to find a number.

Cash only and loves ciggerettes.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Just Keep Driving!

Maric would stay here again

“Nice, quiet place”

Reviewed Mar 11, 2016

Enjoyed my stay at Hilltop. There's a small lake on the property, stocked with fish. Lots of pine trees and hiking trails. Sites are not too close to each other. Lots of full timers here, but they pretty much keep to themselves. This park doesn't have a lot of amenities; no internet or cable; no organized recreation events. The lots are old and some of the concrete is missing; water pools in some areas when it rains.

However, for privacy and comfort, as well as a quiet and peaceful location, the positives far outweigh any negatives. If you want state of the art, modern campgrounds, this might not be the place for you. But, if you're like me and you enjoy the scenery, beautiful sunrises and sunsets and a place where you're not bothered by neighbors, this is it!

about Hilltop Campgrounds & RV Park?

• book exchange

Doyline, LA
Diamond jacks casino resort
Diamond Jacks Casino Resort
Bossier City, LA
Cypress black bayou recreation area
Cypress Black Bayou Recreation Area