Hill Country Lakes RV Campground

Weekly Rate: Yes
Monthly Rate: Yes
Pad Type: gravel

T-Mobile Voice Only

CeeGee would stay here again

“Nothing special - but good location for western suburbs”

Reviewed Apr 07, 2019

This campground is strictly OK. But if you are visiting friends and family in the area, it makes a great base camp. The couple running the campground are very nice and helpful. We made last minute reservations falling over a weekend. Since we didn't need full hookups, they got us in a site that didn't have sewer. That was all we needed!

When reserving, payment was made via PayPal. That was a first for us. They also want a copy of your driver's license when checking in. Odd. The host could not explain why the owner wanted that.

Getting to your campsite might be a challenge for the less-than-confident driver. There are a lot of branches and bushes in the way. Our host walked the approach with us and helped us get parked. We are VERY tall and I thought we were going to lose an air conditioner cover trying to get to our spot. They need to trim a few tree branches.

The sites are gravel and some are very sloped. Bring blocks to put under your jacks. There are also a lot of seasonal or full time sites, mostly in the back loop.

Some of the sites upfront are a bit noisy due to the proximity of the local road.

There is a large covered patio area that had a ping pong table. I did not check out the bathrooms. I tried to get on the WiFi (at the camp office only), but was not able to. I didn't pursue it much, I turned on my Verizon Jetpack instead. 50 amp power was good.

Verizon worked well. ATT was a little slower. Friends who stopped by with T-Mobile couldn't get any signal. As for over-the-air TV, I got the full gamut of Austin stations.

We would stay here again if in the area. But I would ask for a site that was a little easier to get into.

T-Mobile Voice Only

about Hill Country Lakes RV Campground?

• book exchange