Harriet Lake Rustic Campground

Overview of Harriet Lake Rustic Campground

Elevation 1,771 ft / 539 m

View Map

Supporter Subscription

Become a Campendium Supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing plus bonus features!

• Cell Coverage Maps
  • Public Land Overlays
  • Trail Map Layers
  • Ad Free

Unlock Features

$20 Billed Annually

Q&A - Ask the Community about Harriet Lake Rustic Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Harriet Lake Rustic Campground

Reviews of Harriet Lake Rustic Campground 2 people have reviewed this location.

T-Mobile 4G/LTE
Last reported 8/3/2020
“Blueberries! ”

Reviewed 8/7/2020

I specifically headed here on August 3 to pick blueberries. I was not disappointed. My camping spot was mere feet from blueberries everywhere. I arrived on a Monday in hopes of less crowded camping. There were several spots available. By the time I left Wednesday there were campers in each designated area. There was still room in other areas without tables and fire rings. Getting here requires miles of gravel driving on often very washboard roads. On the way out on Wednesday a delicious Bloody Mary and burger at the Trestle Inn was a must. (5 miles away)

Pruesink would stay here again

Himmelbus
Ham Lake, MN 40' MCI MC9
“Epitome of Northern MN boondocking for any size rig”

Reviewed 8/3/2020

The drive in - No way to sugar coat it, it's 10+ miles of dirt any way you slice it. Some was smooth, other parts were very washboarded. If it was safe I did find driving a bit faster helped, YMMV.

When to stay - In the summer things fill up quickly on the weekends, we saw many frantic campers trying to fins spots in the same campgrounds we looked in on Friday. You need to arrive bright and early Friday, or better yet mid week sometime.

Sites available - There is a mix of pull through, backin and tent camping sites. There are not numbered sites that we could see, it's mostly open areas, some picnic tables and fire rings. We did see plenty of spaces for a tent camper or trailer to make their own space if things where limited. A rig like ours, a little more iffy.

Amenities - There is a boat launch, some vault toilets, plenty of walking trails and if you come in late July, plenty of blueberries and raspberries to be picked.

Cell Coverage - I used a 20 foot pole and a Yagi antenna to get 2-3 bars of TMobile LTE, without the booster, nothing. With that equipment I saw 2-3mb/s down, plenty to watch youtube and all that.

Wrap up - I wish we could have stayed here longer, it was beautiful. Getting our 40 foot bus conversion in here was a bit tricky, but the ground is firm and wasn't bad at all. Do be careful, the loop at the end is a very tight corner, we had to unhook and turn around to get out when doing the initial drive through. In the spot pictured, we drove through fine.

T-Mobile 4G/LTE

Himmelbus would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Harriet Lake Rustic Campground!

Be the first to add a video for Harriet Lake Rustic Campground!

Have you written a blog post about Harriet Lake Rustic Campground?

• boat ramp