Hard Rain Cafe & RV Park

Nomads_Nest
NJ 11' Tagalong Jeep Wrangler
“Too casual for comfort”

Reviewed Sep 21, 2017

When i arrived at the campground, the cafe/store was closed. the store hours sign was as vague as their hours. in summary "open whenever we want". I had called a few days prior and they said i could get a first come, first serve site and pay the next day. So I parked my camper in a spot and left a note for them that id be back after exploring the national park.
Upon returning, there were two other campsites set up but still no owner. I spoke to one group of people and they said i had missed the owner, but im sure where i was parked was fine. I plugged into the spot and stayed the night. The following morning, she store still was not open and I assumed the owner was still asleep. I left my payment on the windshield of the owners car since there was nowhere else to leave it.
Other than lack of owners presence, the site was alright. There were relatively clean bathrooms and the shower looked new. The spots werent entirely level and the gravel parking lot of the store had many pot holes to be wary about.
No service on at&t but about 2 miles down the road i got 4 bars at a road turnout.
The location to Hoh national park and Forks, WA was very convenient and the reason for my stay. There were a surprising amount of cars driving by but nothing too bothersome.
Not sure id stay here again unless i got to speak to the owner prior to. I think they should at least have a payment drop box.

Thumb  mg 3614
Whereverbound
26' Travel trailer Chevy 4x4 Van

Whereverbound would stay here again

“nothing fancy, but good cell coverage and larger sites”

Reviewed Aug 27, 2015

(price reflects 10% discount for weekly stay)

Nothing fancy about this campground, but it served our needs well. We were not able to get good cell coverage at nearby Bogachiel State Park or the Hoh National Park Campground, and needed to plug in for a couple of days, so we ended up here. The campground was pretty quiet during our stay in mid August, and we only had a neighbor for a couple of nights. The campground only offers water and electric, and we dumped over at Bogachiel for $5. There were newer bathrooms and showers, and a cafe out front with friendly staff. The campground is very close to the road leading into the park, so we did hear some road noise, but it did not bother us. From the campground it is only 20 minutes to the Hoh Rainforest, 20 minutes to Ruby Beach, and 20 minutes to Forks. The campsites are pretty spacious and can fit any size rig, and offer full sun, or partially shaded.

Thumb  mg 3614
Olympic National Park

Heading south, along the edge of the park, we searched to find a "home base" for exploring the Hoh Rainforest and the coastal beaches. We first checked out Bogachiel State Park, which was nice, pricey...

• firewood