Harbor Bay Camp

Pad Type dirt

Elevation 2,887 ft / 879 m

View Map

Supporter Subscription

Become a Campendium Supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing plus bonus features!

• Cell Coverage Maps
  • Public Land Overlays
  • Ad Free

Unlock Features

$20 Billed Annually

Q&A - Ask the Community about Harbor Bay Camp

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Harbor Bay Camp

Reviews of Harbor Bay Camp 2 people have reviewed this location.

Last reported 3/8/2020
AT&T Voice Only
Last reported 10/13/2018
Noah_Robinson
FL Ford Ranger 2wd
“Fritch is a sketchy town”

Reviewed 3/8/2020

I tried to camp here but after an hour or so I saw too many suspicious cars driving around, possibly even a drug deal. The surrounding area is not very welcoming, it’s a rough town and I would not chance camping at the local hangout.

Thumb 66badfab f2c7 4219 8a89 9343fca0f6b5
WanderWithTheWorkmans
ID 23' Fleetwood Mallard 23D 1993 Ford F250
“Sadly, no internet to be found”

Reviewed 10/13/2018

Site Number: dispersed camping

My husband and I work from the road and need good, strong internet in order to do our jobs, so a place without internet simply isn't going to work for us. Even with our booster on, we could barely manage to send a text. Without the booster on, there was no usable internet (1x extended) or any internet at all on any of our carriers (Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint).

That aside, this wasn't a bad place. The road down into it is basically about the width of 1.5 vehicles, and it's also windy so you can't see around corners, and there's trees growing up and arching over so that further blocks your view. I said to my husband, "I really, really hope there's no Class A coming up this hill right now." It's not a very long stretch of road, but I will say it's scary because if you do meet someone, you better hope they're driving a Smart Car or you're not going to be able to pass each other.

The area itself is pretty; I also give high marks for having trash cans throughout to throw trash away, plus lots of walking paths you can take, plus vault toilets everywhere. There's also three boat launch spots. During the summertime when this place is really busy, I think the traffic must be a nightmare because the roads are so narrow; also, there are a few places that look like spots you're supposed to park (covered picnic tables and charcoal BBQ grills at each of them) but those sites aren't particularly level, sooooooo...I'm not sure what the planners were thinking there. Also, there aren't a whole lot of them (I saw three total).

We ended up staying at the far end of one of the parking lots so we could be sure to be out of the way and make it somewhat easy to be level. We saw deer walking through, and the brilliant red dirt and blue of the lake were pretty.

If you do decide to stay here, Fritch (the town) is only about five minutes away and there, Verizon bounces back and forth between 3G and LTE; AT&T has 4G-LTE. So town is an option. We like internet in our camper itself, plus parking on a parking lot when it wasn't clearly defined as being a place we could stay made us nervous. There are dirt roads down into the area in front of the lake where it looks like dispersed camping could happen, so you could conceivably pack a lot of people in there if you'd like.

AT&T Voice Only
Sprint
Verizon Voice Only

Be the first to add a note for Harbor Bay Camp!

Be the first to add a video for Harbor Bay Camp!

Have you written a blog post about Harbor Bay Camp?

• Dispersed Camping