Gooseberry Mesa

435-688-3200

Pad Type: dirt
Open Seasonally: Yes
Max Stay: 14

Accessibility is not guaranteed, always scout ahead before driving down dirt roads.
Learn more: Boondocking 101

AT&T 3G
Thumb grandadventure
Grand Adventure
Salt Lake City, UT
23 Evo T2050
2014 Toyota Tundra
Site Number: N/A

Grand Adventure would stay here again

“One of the most spectacular boondocking sites I've ever found”

Reviewed Dec 06, 2017

(Video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_CeDJtVs0s. While that video focuses on our camp on Sheep Bridge Road nearby, there is also footage shot at this site.)

We were in the area just prior to Thanksgiving 2017, camped at Sheep Bridge Road (https://www.campendium.com/sheep-bridge-road) for convenience. While in the area, however, we took the opportunity to scout around for the future.

Boy was I glad that we did!

The GPS coordinates listed here on Campendium are for Gooseberry Mesa itself, near the mountain biking trailhead. Getting out there has only one steep, somewhat rough stretch, but you'd also have to get through a relatively narrow cattle guard. What I found was actually at 37.123895, -113.110206, which is on a short, easily negotiated double-track off the graded road to Gooseberry Mesa. For that reason, I disagree somewhat with Chris' review -- I'd pull only a smaller trailer up Gooseberry proper, but this spot is a completely different story. There's room for multiple rigs of any size, and the views of Zion National Park across the way are nothing short of breathtaking.

I was picking up solid Verizon 4G LTE at this site, three bars unboosted.

Next time I'm in the area, I'll be camping here. ;)

“Not for RVs”

Reviewed Nov 05, 2017

We were really excited to stay here but the roads were nearly impassable for a 31 Class C RV. it was like driving over a road full of speed bumps. Unfortunately if you are in an RV I'd suggest you go to the road across the street down about 1/2 mile to a pull off. Beautiful views and quiet. 😊

AT&T 3G

Thumb grandadventure
Grand Adventure Ep. 11: Zion National Park

Join us on our continuing Grand Adventure! In Episode 11 we're in southern Utah for a few days of boondocking and sightseeing, camping on BLM land near Virgin and visiting Zion National Park.Filmed Nov...

• Dispersed Camping

Chevron gas station hurricane ut
Chevron Gas Station