• Reviews

Overview of Glacier Meadow RV Park

Elevation 4400 ft

Q&A - Ask the Community about Glacier Meadow RV Park

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Glacier Meadow RV Park

Reviews of Glacier Meadow RV Park 1 person has reviewed this location.

“Drive on by”

Reviewed 8/13/2019

I rarely write such negative reviews but felt compelled to do so in this case so that others can avoid our mistake.

First, the positive: pleasant surroundings, fairly quiet location (other than occasional road and train noise), can accommodate big rigs (though these should stay to the open meadow area as the wooded part is extremely tight as is the dump station).

Negatives

• Hook ups: No sewer at site (though black tank pumping can be arranged through the office). Grey water is dumped on the ground at the site.
  • Location: Though on the edge of Glacier NP, it's actually pretty inconvenient for the park itself (45 min to Apgar and Two Medicine, 1.5 hours to St Mary an Many Glacier, 2 hours to Logan).
  • Connectivity: There is no cell reception at all and despite the advertised "wireless internet" mentioned on the park's website, in practice there is almost nothing available. Wifi is not working most of the time and is extremely slow when it does work (even by RV park standards) plus it's only available at the Pavilion (not throughout the park). We found it to be unusable, even just for email, as when it did show that we had connectivity the signal would be so weak that practically nothing would load. There is also a cell booster at the Pavilion. However, due to the minimal cell reception, this is not very useful (still zero signal for AT&T and just one bar for Verizon).
  • The Pavilion: Watch your head and where you step. There are dozens of birds living in the rafters of the Pavilion and bird poop is all over the floor, which never seems to be cleaned. I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend "quality" time with their family and friends in there!
  • Bathrooms: These were pretty uninviting (and I'm not picky).
  • Policy: We'd booked for 8 nights, but decided to leave early as we need connectivity to run our businesses while on the road. Despite the booking confirmation stating a 1-night penalty for cancellations, when I spoke to staff I was told very abruptly that they do not offer refunds and I would therefore forfeit the entire cost of my stay. We had booked and paid on-line prior to arrival and nowhere did I see any mention of this rule. Also, I can't find this rule on their website. All I saw was a small sign in the office that mentioned this rule - not a lot of use if you've already paid). We left anyway as we felt it was better to double-pay than stay here any longer.

In summary, unless you are wanting to disconnect fully from the world, and you're not planning on visiting Glacier NP and you don't mind bird poop, I would skip this RV park.

AT&T
Sprint
Verizon
T-Mobile

Be the first to add a note for Glacier Meadow RV Park!

Be the first to add a video for Glacier Meadow RV Park!

Have you written a blog post about Glacier Meadow RV Park?

Connectivity