George Washington State Campground

Pad Type: gravel
Open Seasonally: April-Oct.

“Nice trail system ”

Reviewed Apr 06, 2018

Had site 60, large sites, great trail system, lake, no utilities, hot showers.

Thumb 120
ReneeC

18 Springdale Summerland 1800 Bunkhouse

ReneeC would stay here again

“Dry Camping ”

Reviewed Aug 25, 2016

We stayed in Aug 2016 and in addition to the $20/ per night fee we paid $9 to Reserve America for the reservation.

We liked the large wooded sites at the campground. Our site, #15 was very large and private. Our trailer is only 18 ft so we could back in and then angle the trailer behind a boulder for more privacy. There is drinking water available a couple places in the campground. Port-a-potties are located in the campground. A bathhouse is currently under construction. Camp sites include a picnic table and fire ring for the dry camping.

The campground is located on a lake. There is a sandy beach and roped off area for swimming. Signs say swimming is only allowed when a lifeguard is on duty which is late morning into the afternoon. There is also a boat launch. I don't think any camp sites have a clear view of the lake, but some are close.

Our only problem were some other campers (who were camping together.) Around 10 pm they began yelling at each for a few minuets off and on. This went on for 20 min and escalated to every other word being profanity. I Goggled and then called the local police after hearing "I'm going to kill you" and "Let's end this right now." The police, stationed 5 miles away, were there in 3 minuets. We didn't hear anything else after that. That was unnerving and I would like to think this was a nearly isolated incident. I've only called the police one other time and never when camping. (The campground didn't appear to have a host or staff at night.)

I liked this campground very much and in spite of the two guys threatening each other I'd give it another try.

about George Washington State Campground?

• swimming beach