Gateway RV Park

Thumb image
nimbusandjones

23 Airstream International Signature
2005 Ram 3500

nimbusandjones would stay here again

“Hands down, my favorite campground I've ever been to. ”

Reviewed May 18, 2018

I loved this campground. The people were very friendly and the campground was small but well laid out - it provided an intimate and cozy feel while giving you the sense of privacy.

My site backed up to a drop which overlooked the river and onwards to Mt Sopris. My front view was Red Rock. I have never felt so safe and at so much peace in a campground as I felt here. My dogs loved it here, there were tons of trails to take them on. About 15 minutes from town.

Everything was very clean. The bathrooms were in tip top shape. I used the shower in my airstream but my boyfriend preferred the camp showers. The showers are energy efficient while also providing you with a hot satisfactory shower.

10/10 would come here again and again.

Someone else said something about road noise and I would say the road noise is extremely minimal. We were not bothered.

Thumb rocinante logo 400px
Casa Rocinante
WA
28 Airstream International Signature
2014 Ram 1500
Site Number: 4, 13

Casa Rocinante would stay here again

“Nice though road-noisy camping on the Rio Grande bike trail from Aspen to Glenwood Springs”

Reviewed Sep 24, 2017

This is a city-owned campground just outside Carbondale, CO, right on route 82, which runs from Glenwood Springs through Carbondale, to Aspen. The campground itself is great. They have generous gravel, some trees, and some grass. They also have plenty of hookups if you want them. Spaces are generously wide. Despite the name, they also have a few tent sites.

Because of proximity to the road, the traffic noise can be significant. The noise does quiet down late in the evening and remains subdued until early in the morning, but if you are tent camping here it will definitely be a factor.

Stuff to do:

• Ride or walk on the Rio Grande bike trail, in either direction.
  • If you'd like to walk into town, it's an easy two mile stroll along the bike path. We walked into town with our dog, ate at "Town" restaurant which was very good and allows dogs on the patio, hit the Colorado Creamery in town for gelato, and walked back. It was great!
  • Drag a couple of chairs over to the bluff above the river, and you'll find a very pleasant spot to relax and watch the water go by.
  • Fish in the river - we saw someone fly-casting there, and they seemed to be having a great time.
  • Visit Aspen and come back to Carbondale before you spend all your money in Aspen.
  • Continue on from Carbondale through Aspen and then over Independence pass, if your vehicle is small and strong enough.

We had solid cell phone coverage here, though we also use directional LTE antenna and a Mi-Fi type device.

AT&T 4G