• Reviews

Overview of Gallagher Flat State Wildlife Recreation Area

Accessibility is not guaranteed, always scout ahead before driving down dirt roads.
Learn more: Boondocking 101

Pad Type dirt

Q&A - Ask the Community about Gallagher Flat State Wildlife Recreation Area

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Gallagher Flat State Wildlife Recreation Area

Reviews of Gallagher Flat State Wildlife Recreation Area 1 person has reviewed this location.

Last reported 2/25/2015
Thumb us avatar
Van-Tramp
Longmont, CO 27' Airstream International
“It will do in a pinch, not far out of Chelan, WA”

Reviewed 2/25/2015

Google showed a few dirt roads leading around the rec area so I set out to check it out. As luck would have it, there are no gates and no signs prohibiting camping/parking so I set off down the dirt road to find my spot. Abut a 1/2 mile out I was met by a very low hanging tree, effectively blocking me from going any further into the rec area, and I was on a single lane dirt road with no place to turn around the van, let alone a van with a trailer in tow. I weighed my options and chose to back it up a hundred yards where it was level (enough) to get the turn around done. My van’s power steering screamed and groaned, but it pulled through. I settled in at the next area that I could pull the van off the dirt road. Guarded by a few trees and shrubbery from the highway, I have had a peaceful afternoon, evening, and night. I hiked out to the end of the dirt road (I’m happy I did not continue forward, the road gets very rutted out here) to find a great spot to camp… if it were not for all the trash.

Van-Tramp would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Gallagher Flat State Wildlife Recreation Area!

Be the first to add a video for Gallagher Flat State Wildlife Recreation Area!

Thumb us avatar
Van-Tramp
Longmont, CO 27' Airstream International
Gallagher Flat Wildlife Rec Area | Van-Tramp.com

It is a risk of van-dwelling; pulling into your planned overnight stop only to see signs posted prohibiting overnight parking. That is what happened when I pulled into the Walmart just outside...

Artboard Created with Sketch.

Lakeshore RV Park