Question about Fort Mountain State Park

hope26110 asked on 7/4/2020

This will be our 1st camping trip and will be renting an RV (C class) 28 foot. We have concerns on hiw steep the drive is up? Will it be tuff for a 1st timer?

Answered on 7/4/2020:

The road in the campground has some tight turns and is narrow to get to the campsites But is very doable. Another great campground up that way is Cloudland Canyon State Park which isn’t as tight to get into.
Thumb logo
JK Brochman
St. Petersburg, FL 20' Forest River Rockwood Mini lite 1905 Ford F150

Answered on 7/4/2020:

The road to the park has steep inclines/declines, twists/turns and is narrow but many RVers take rigs larger than yours to the park. Take your time and make sure you drive the road during the day and you will be fine.
Thumb img 5443   version 2
manatina
GA 19' Dutchmen Aerolite 2001 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner

Answered on 7/4/2020:

We have a small truck and a 19 foot camper so we had a difficult time pulling it up the mountain. But, a C class should have a stronger engine and be just fine. Have a great time!
Thumb dirt roads and sunsets wht
Dirt Roads & Sunsets
GA 19' Intech Sol Toyota FJ Cruiser

Answered on 7/4/2020:

I can’t really answer with any confidence as I have never driven an RV. We have a very small pull behind camper and while the roads are somewhat narrow they are well maintained and we had no problem. I would make a general comment that if you are comfortable with size of the RV while driving I would think you will be fine. Sorry I cant be more helpful. Enjoy the trip. Lots of great hiking at the park
We need your help!
We depend on the support of the community for maintenance and development of the Campendium website. If everyone who visits Campendium today gave $1.50 we would hit our goal. Learn more about the 2020 Campendium Fundraiser all the ways you can support us: Subscribe Donate Purchase