Question about Fort Lancaster Scenic Overlook Overnight Parking

Livin-the-Canadian-dream

Livin-the-Canadian-dream asked on 10/23/2021

Is there plenty of room to turn around with a 35' 5th wheel? One of the pictures posted indicated "no turn around for trailers". Just wanted to make sure! Thanks to anyone who replies! Much appreciated.

Alternate Roads
Alternate Roads
Cheyenne, WY
28' Airstream Safari
Ford F250

Answered on 4/23/2022:

We were able to turn around our 28 foot bumper pull with no problem.

Answered on 10/25/2021:

If the end of the area is unoccupied then probably yes. Advice to scope it out on foot before pulling in and commiting is the way to go. This boondocking site was one of my favorites traveling from Georgia to California. I think it's worth a try. Maybe scope it out on google earth. Safe travels.
Walkinghead
Walkinghead
Green Cove Springs, FL
25' Leisure Travel Vans Unity Island Bed

Answered on 10/24/2021:

We’ve camped there twice and my recollection is there’s plenty of room to maneuver a trailer with the proviso that you’re relatively skilled at it and there aren’t many other trailers of similar length.

Answered on 10/24/2021:

I have a 39’ fifth wheel and had no problem turning around. Great view and sunset but be aware, watched three drug deals go down. Did not disturb us but was prepared should that happen.
Ancsi
Ancsi
36' Forest River

Answered on 10/23/2021:

We turned around with no problem with our pull behind 36' travel trailer. Beautiful place to stay.

Answered on 10/23/2021:

We had to unhook our toad to turn around, mainly because I can’t back up flat towing a jeep. I think if you could do a couple of 3 point turns, it would be doable. I’d stop on the road and check it out before pulling in. It would be a great overnight stop.

Answered on 10/23/2021:

You might be able to, but probably not. We stayed here with our 44’ toy hauler. It is very quiet here and we were able to easily just back our rig out onto the road and continue toward the nearby Fort Lancaster.