Question about Forest Road 688 Dispersed Camping

Fun2travel asked on 9/17/2019

Can anyone share where we could get potable water for this spot. Also, how about a dump, we are a 40’ fifth wheel. Curious if we could fit into Mather’s dump station. Thanks!

Answered on 9/21/2020:

You can get water and dump inside the park. You should have no problems maneuvering your rig. 1st stop is potable water, then dump station.

Answered on 4/26/2022:

I dumped, filled with water and bought propane at the Grand Canyon Camper Village in Tusayan, which is about 5 miles closer to FR-688 than going all the way to the park. Dump and fill was $15. Propane is obviously by the gallon. No waiting and nice people in the office and at the propane fill. There is only one dump station, so there could be a line, but I did not have to wait and no one was waiting on me.
RTBGirl
Elk Grove Village, IL
34' Keystone Montana HC 294RL
Ford

Answered on 4/23/2022:

If filling the tanks, Mather. If filling drinking jugs, we refilled each day while at the park at their Sping Water walls.
larry
San Diego, CA
16' Scamp Scamp 16
Toyota Tacoma

Answered on 4/14/2022:

Mather Campground has water and dump and showers available just before you enter Mather Campground. So you don't have to deal with the Campground rangers. Turn right where it says camper services. Laundry is there as well.

Answered on 9/18/2019:

Unknown about dumping, but I believe the Ten-X campground has water spigots.