Forest Road 6051

Coconino National Forest

West Fort Valley Ranch Rd.
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
928-526-0866
928-527-3600

Pad Type: dirt
Max Stay: 14

Accessibility is not guaranteed, always scout ahead before driving down dirt roads.
Learn more: Boondocking 101

AT&T 3G
foretexas
Enid, OK
38 Monaco Windsor
2000 Jeep Cherokee

foretexas would stay here again

“Boondocking”

Reviewed Sep 15, 2016

Nice National Forest land boondocking with neighbors within eye site. We were able to get our 40 ft diesel pusher up about 4 spots on the left. The road was rutted and uneven but passable even in our rig. I am sure we could have gone to at least the next spot since there was a fairly large 5th wheel on that site and the road actually smoothed out past our spot. So I would say the first 5 spots on the left as you go in can be accessed by a fairly large rig. I would do as I did and drive the towed vehicle or walk up first to verify for yourself. We camped with the windows open most of the night and you could hear traffic from 180 in the distance but it dies off fairly early.

AT&T 3G

Anna@SmallHouseBigWorld would stay here again

“Extremely convenient, relatively quiet, close to Flagstaff with hiking opportunities”

Reviewed Apr 27, 2016

This area is just off of Highway 180 which runs from Flagstaff north to the Grand Canyon. It is a relatively quiet highway so not a lot of traffic noise. The best part is that it is about a 10-15 minute drive to downtown Flagstaff, which is very convenient if you are looking to be near the city yet still be in a quiet and forested area.

The road is not particularly well marked, it sneaks up on you just before you get to the Snow Bowl road. The road is also not super well maintained, but I felt comfortable driving about a half mile back in with my 1993 38-foot monstrosity of a motorhome plus tow car, so how bad could it be? There are lots of nice flat spots to park in away from the road. Depending on how far you are willing to go back into the woods with your vehicle, it seemed like there were a TON of spots available, some more remote than others.

You also have miles and miles of hiking trails nearby, which I always appreciate. Views of snow capped mountains don't hurt either. It is a pretty area.

There were no other RVers when I was staying here, which I found surprising. I did have a few car visitors come down the road, maybe 3-4 per day, and a couple of overnight car campers. For the most part pretty quiet, although there was some trash left from car campers which is always disappointing.

Overall I would definitely recommend this as an easy to reach, pretty quiet and woodsy destination close to Flagstaff.

about Forest Road 6051?

A-1 Mountain Road
Forest road 518
Forest Road 518
Flagstaff, Arizona
Woody mountain campground rv park
Woody Mountain Campground & RV Park