Flying J Travel Plaza

24 Forest River Sunseeker 2400S MBS
Price: FREE!
“Just be careful”

Reviewed May 13, 2018

I checked out the review of a park nearby on Campendium and a reviewer at the same experience I did.

I'm going on two years for RVing and doing 90% dry camping. Winslow is definitely a sketchy town. I was traveling from California to Colorado and hit a wind storm. I pulled in at stayed the night at the Flying J. Pulled in around 9:30 pm. All night I heard people fighting. First time that I ever had someone knock on my door asking for money and to take them to the next town. I have the Flying J / Pilot annual internet access pass. I decided to stay until about 2 pm to do some work. People were outside fighting and yelling constantly. Asked for money often.
I felt safe. But I'm a guy with two large dogs. I never really feel unsafe. But, it's definitely not a place I would want my mother staying by herself.

Also, please, if you have dogs, keep them on a short leash. This is rattlesnake country. There are a lot of rattlesnakes. The park next to Flying J even has a trail called
Tsu'vö "Path of the Rattlesnake". My visit was in May. Rattlesnakes are coming out of hibernation and their eyes are covered. They can't see good and spook easily before their first molting. Just be cautious with your four-legged family!

That all said, just be cautious. Don't do stupid stuff like being a single woman, walking her dog in a dark area around this place by yourself. Just use some common sense!

NOW,,, THAT ALL SAID lol :) the landscape and scenery is an amazing place. Don't let the previous paragraphs scare you off. I'm glad I stopped and explored. Again, just use common sense!

T-Mobile 4G/LTE

Cason would use this facility again

“Good for a rest!”

Reviewed Jul 19, 2017

Easy to get to off I-40. If you are looking for a peaceful quiet place go to a mountain. This is a nice, clean, open space to park for the night. Lots of traffic and music all night. Dennys is on site - great after a long day travel! Several other RVs were there as well. The dump is $12 not $10.

about Flying J Travel Plaza?

• general store

Parking Lot
Homolovi state park
Homolovi State Park
Winslow, Arizona
Maverik gas station winslow arizona
Maverik Gas Station
Walmart winslow az
Walmart
Parking Lot
Mchood park
McHood Park
City Park
Winslow, Arizona
Loves travel stop joseph city az
Love's Travel Stop