Five Springs Falls

Old US Highway 14A
Lovell, WY 82431

Max Length: 25 ft

AT&T 3G
Thumb dd logo withtext black
DestinationDuPont
Breckenridge, CO
36 Winnebago Forza 36G
2018 Jeep Sahara
Site Number: ????

DestinationDuPont would stay here again

“Top 5 Camping Contender”

Reviewed Aug 08, 2018

This is a DestinationDuPont.Com Review

Destination DuPont used this location as the jumping off point for Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area, Pryor Mountain Wild Horse Range, Red Gulch Dinosaur Tracksite, Red Gulch/Alkali Scenic Byway, The Museum of Flight & Aerial Firefighting Airplane Grave yard and the Sand Dunes of Lovell.

Having just left the Montana side of the Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area and a not so great camp site at that location..... we were incredibly excited upon arriving to this location. Now on the Wyoming side of the Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area and we were going to try a secret place, that was whispered into my right ear by a local gentleman.

In short he looked at our Big Rig and said, "You seem like the kind of guy that will appreciate this camp spot I have in mind for you. That being said, I must warn you, the road getting up to that location just might make you pee a little." LOL

Well! How can we NOT check this campsite out. As the photos will show you the road is solid, although maybe a bit narrow at points and for the those afraid of heights, maybe you should even skip those photos.

That being said, we disconnected the Jeep to scout out the road and to see if the campground was anything like our local friend whispered to us. The road up was steep and smooth... we understood that with taking our time, we should be fine.

But... would the camping location be worth all these troubles?

Hell Yea!

We arrived to a small location with about 7 spots within... nice spots.... level and what a view coming up the road, the view on top of the road, our campsite view and even walking to the clean vault toilets would not let you down.

The Big Rig arriving up top, we decided to take the best spot up here... and to do that, would require our squeezing her into a space that we have not yet challenged ourselves to do... with such precision.

We put my wife, Jaclyn on the roof to be sure things stayed clear up there... and our nephew was in charge of keeping me on track. We all performed perfectly and before long, we were in.... parked... and kinda dancing in place... we were just all so excited at this lil gem.

Perfection!

Really, it was that nice.. the sound of the winds through the old growth trees was everything I love about camping. The colors of the mountain views with the changing of weather patterns during our stay. The lack of neighbors made fore a really special time at this location. It was perfect!

That lack of others was nice and add to that, we did spot the county sheriff driving through and our trash was emptied twice during our stay. The campground has individual trash receptacles, tables and fire pits at each location. Clean vault toilets at one end made for an enjoyable walk each day, admiring the view and what wildlife we might spot. The 7 or so campsites are VERY private and even a couple of tent pads buried within the trees for the motorcycle guests that we believe did stay one night.

Our living the location independent lifestyle, means that someone has to pay the bills, so we were able to secure an internet signal with AT&T, although boosted and 2 bars at best.

So, where does the road up leave you? I made the hairpin turn in one swoop with our 36-foot DP although that said, its like hitting the ball twice to the same location. I would bet that I would not perfectly make that turn again. So, you back up a bit and complete the turn. for this location, I believe you work together and you make it up here. I know I gave ACCESS 4 stars instead of 5, although the road was paved and smooth.... I believe my review might deter others from trying to make the curve.. and for that... and the lack of having those neighbors... is the reason why I can still call it Perfection!!!!!

Perfection

AT&T 3G

about Five Springs Falls?

Bald Mountain