Elmore State Park

Brookfield, VT
0 Ford Transit
Site Number: Hickory

Rachael & Carole would stay here again

“Beach area and great loop hike up to fire tower. ”

Reviewed Jun 26, 2017

Great views of Vermont Mountains. Campground has tent sites and lean-tos. Short drive to Stowe Vermont and lots of great hikes. Loop hike at campground that is approx 4.5 miles long that has great views from a fire tower. Nice little beach at state park as well.

AT&T 4G

Thumb margotbai
Margot Bai
Toronto, ON, Canada
17 Taylor Coach Nik Nat
2012 Honda Odyssey

Margot Bai would stay here again

“Campground with access to Lake Elmore and Elmore Mountain”

Reviewed Mar 29, 2017

Elmore State Park has mostly sunny sites although the are a small number of wooded sites available (sites 1-6 are wooded). I chose to camp on one of the sites in a large open area so my solar panels could get sun and felt like I had a huge site to myself since no one else camped near me. Water spigots were available around the campground - I needed my water theif to attach my hose (rubber adaptor thingy) since there were no threads on the spigot.

The lake is a short walk down a hill in the day use area - there is a large parking lot there. The beach has a large grassy area with some trees and also a sandy area at the water. There is also a beautiful indoor/outdoor pavilion with restrooms where they sometimes host weddings.

You can drive to a parking area at the base of Elmore Mountain where there are 2 trails that form a loop, the shorter steeper Fire Tower Trail and the meandering Ridge Trail. I hiked both plus rode my bicycle up the hilly road to the trail head - I recommend driving to the trailhead as it is a steep bicycle ride.

Check in time was 2 pm and they wouldn't allow me to set up before then. However, they did allow me to dump on arrival at 1pm and scope out sites which took an hour anyway so it all worked out fine.

about Elmore State Park?