• Reviews (2)

Reservations yes

Elevation 7,283 ft / 2,219 m

View Map

Supporter Subscription

Become a Campendium Supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing plus bonus features!

• Cell Coverage Maps
  • Public Land Overlays
  • Ad Free

Unlock Features

$20 Billed Annually

Q&A - Ask the Community about El Morro RV Park & Cabins

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about El Morro RV Park & Cabins

Reviews of El Morro RV Park & Cabins 2 people have reviewed this location.

Last reported 9/17/2019
Thumb 20190418 171658
Roger
KS 33' Coachmen Ford F250
“A peaceful stay, convenient to places and activities I was here for”

Reviewed 9/17/2019

I came to the area to get away from the urban world. So i find it liberating to have no cable, limited internet, and almost no cellular. The staff here are wonderful. Always helpful, courteous, and friendly. The Ancient Way restraint is really good. There are great places to visit and explore near here. This may or may not be your cup of tea. But I'll be back. I stayed one week this time and I rented one of their cabins last year. I recommend bringing a book or two, and if you are so equipped, some DVD or blue-ray movies if you need something more that just the peaceful ambiance here.

This location is primitive by modern standards no doubt about it. Nothing above 30amp sites. But you do have full hookups, electric, water, and sewer. The restraint has wifi, but it's not spectacular. I've been able to attach to it with my wifi extender from my site (10), barely. Cell service here is almost non existent. I get 1 bar (Verizon) sometimes. Access is easy, at least it was for me. The camp post met me right at the entrance and took me to my site. To be honest, the camp post just happened, by coincidence, to be at the entrance when I arrived. I don't think she waits there...

I've read a couple of what I'd call less than favorable reviews for this place. I'm trying to give them a fair shake so to speak. It's probably true this is not a premier RV campground, and could use some TLC and a few upgrades. But I enjoy it here....

Lastly, the 30amp receptacle on site 10 (were I stayed) has a 20amp breaker in it. I did report this in hopes this will be solved for the next camper. I didn't need AC, so this was not a big issue for me. (UPDATE: I received an email telling me the aforementioned breaker issue was fixed, and that they plan to update their electrical line. I was also offered a free night's stay on my next trip.. I'm a happy camper!!)

Roger would stay here again

“Good for a quick overnight stay”

Reviewed 3/19/2015

I would term this campground "quirky," right along with the owners. The proprietors are very nice and helpful. But don't expect them to be in their cafe at all hours, especially when checking in. Our rig is 40 feet long with a toad, so getting in and out of a pull through site took some skill, but we managed. The power was clean, that was all we wanted We only stayed overnight, so we didn't check out anything else. The cafe has WiFi, but don't expect it to reach your rig unless you have an external antenna. Verizon cell service was minimal, I had to put my phone in an east facing window to get anything. OTA television was non-existent. Still, I'd stay again for a quick overnight.

Be the first to add a note for El Morro RV Park & Cabins!

Be the first to add a video for El Morro RV Park & Cabins!

Have you written a blog post about El Morro RV Park & Cabins?

Connectivity
  • wifi: free
  • cabins
  • restaurant

El Morro National Monument

Free camping and great launching point for El Morro National Monument

- MeanderingMeerkat

Bluewater Lake State Park

Not bad for a night or 2.

- Camptown Races

McGaffey Campground

Dec through March closure

- SMAI

Bar S RV Park

very good place to stay while visiting nearby attractions.

- rvdoc

Grants-Cibola Sands KOA

Beautiful setting, but very old bathhouse

- K