El Dorado Hot Springs

Site Number: Katie's Corner & Desert View

Greg - Sock Monkey Trekker would stay here again

“Nice soaking”

Reviewed Nov 18, 2017

We stayed here in our camper van Feb 2017. We enjoyed our stay. We had an electric site to plug in. We soaked in the public soak area and the sunset private soak pool area. The public soak area is "nudity required," so be prepared for that. There are peacocks that roam the property. That's fun! I think the price to camp with electric (for two people) was upper 40s, but don't exactly remember (that includes two soaks in a private tube and also the public soak area). There is a bathroom with a flush toilet. If the wind dies, there can be a lot of flies because there is a large industrial chicken farm nearby. We were lucky on our visit in that it was breezy during our stay, keeping the flies at bay. I thought it was a nice place. A bit quirky, but that made it more fun. We will definitely camp there again. You can tent camp also and there are some rooms that include private pools.

The place is a bit run down with finding a working electrical outlet at the campsites in the center court area hit and miss and some boards getting loose on walls, but I think this stuff makes it kinda fun and unique.

I returned recently and stayed at Katie's Corner (all the sites have names) and had to run my electric cord a bit of a ways till it reached a working outlet on a light post. It was a weekday so I had the place almost to myself. I am told it gets crowded on weekends and you would need reservations for that.

The guy that runs the place and his assistant were very friendly and welcoming. It's a really funky type place so be prepared for that and not something fancy and elegant.

PRO TIP: You get 2 hour long soaks included in one of the private soak pool with each camp day, so reserve a pool as soon as possible to increase your chance of getting the pool you want. All the pools are nice, in their own way. I toured each one and thought the Desert View pool had the best view. Another good one is the Pond Tub that has a fish pond next to it. But really all the tubs are nice in their unique ways. I didn't find a bad one at all.

See our attached blog post for photos from our stay.

Google Maps has a lot of photos of this place including a few I have put up.

Thumb 100 6739
Sock Monkey Trekkers: NM To San Diego: Part 2 (El Dorado Hot Springs, West of Phoenix)

After leaving Faywood Springs, Google Maps suggested a short cut to Lordsburg NM that would save us about 20 minutes.  I told Karen we should trust Google Maps to give us a good route. Karen was very...

• hot tub

BLM
Stage stop rv park
Stage Stop RV Park
Tonopah, Arizona
Loves travel stop buckeye az
Love's Travel Stop