Eagle Soaring RV Park

970-879-0164

Weekly Rate: Yes
Monthly Rate: Yes

Verizon Extended

CeeGee would stay here again

“Good for a few days”

Reviewed Sep 19, 2017

This campground is west of town. It is basically a series of 20 or so pull through FHU sites nestled between the road and a very large hill. Between each site are quaking Aspen trees.

The managers are very nice. We called ahead and told them we were have RV mechanical issues. They had no problem taking our name and phone number and holding a spot for us. FYI...there is no campground office, you check in with the managers at site number 1. They gave us a copy of the local magazine with all the local sights highlighted. Once checked in, you pick the empty spot that you want.

There are two bathroom buildings. On the ladies side, each has a single washer and dryer. There is no charge to do laundry, but they do ask for a donation. That seems fair. We did not use the showers, but I did spot a coin machine next to the shower that said "5 minutes for 50 cents."

I was able to get 2 bars of Verizon...talk only. I found if I moved closer to the east end of the campground or closer to the road I might get 2 bars of 3G. I even tried both my cell booster and my external antenna on my Jetpack. The cell booster had no effect. The antenna would occasionally get me some data, but drop out too frequently to make it useful. Fortunately, the WiFi at the park worked pretty well. The speeds weren't blazing and you won't be watching streaming TV, but it was usable.

I was able to pick up one channel of OTA television, PBS.

If we were to return, I would probably try to stay at the KOA first due to the Verizon issue. But if the KOA was full (like it was the weekend we were in town), I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Verizon Extended

Thumb  dsc4944 5 6 7 8 tonemapped
Gary
Box Elder, SD
30 Airstream Classic
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali

Gary would stay here again

“Newer park west of Steamboat Springs”

Reviewed Jul 28, 2016

This park is relatively new. Trees are slowly maturing. All sites are pull thru FHU. Very quiet and far enough back from the highway that there was no highway noise. Camp hosts were very friendly.

Only downside was there was no Verizon signal even with my booster turned on. If you have a yogi directional antenna that might help but YMMV.

about Eagle Soaring RV Park?

• wifi: free

Steamboat springs koa
Steamboat Springs KOA
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Dry lake campground routt nf
Dry Lake Campground