Question about Dugway Recreation Site

Dean asked on 7/23/2020

How busy is this campground in August on a Saturday night? I see it only has 5 spots. What are the chances of getting one the first weekend in August on a Saturday night? Just staying 1 night.

Answered on 7/25/2020:

We have only stayed there one night ourselves, and that was in October, I believe. There were several pickup trucks that passes right on by on their way to a lake or reservoir. I’m guessing you would be safe...
Thumb 20191021 214547079 ios
ColtarKDM
CO 22' Coachmen 192RBS Ford F150

Answered on 7/25/2020:

I haven’t stayed there in August but my guess would be that you would likely be ok finding a site. Both times I was there were in June and finding a site was easy.

Answered on 7/23/2020:

That's tough to answer since I only stayed one night in mid-May. It is about 7 or 8 miles north of I-80 so one would have to know it existed since there are no signs along the highway of not even a sign in Sinclair. I would try it since it is a beautiful location, if you could not get in, there is always the KOA in nearby Rawlins WY.
We need your help!
We depend on the support of the community for maintenance and development of the Campendium website. If everyone who visits Campendium today gave $1.50 we would hit our goal. Learn more about the 2020 Campendium Fundraiser all the ways you can support us: Subscribe Donate Purchase