Delmoe Lake

Jen and Q
Livingston, TX
27 Airstream Flying Cloud Twin
2012 Ford F-250

Jen and Q would stay here again

“ATV Heaven I imagine”

Reviewed Jul 08, 2016

The road to Delmoe Lake is 10 miles from the highway exit and is narrow and gravel/dirt. There are short, narrow turnouts but still is fairly narrow if two trailers are passing one another. Even so, I did see large 5th wheel trailers making the trek and when I arrived, I just took my time as to passing other trailers and did not become an issue. The road is fairly good with only a few washboard areas. This is a popular area for ATV/dirt bikes as it appeared there were endless amount of trails for their use. The weekends were a bit noisy with the ATVs, but the week days you might feel that you are camping alone. The weekend nights were quiet though. There are two loops, A & B with a day use/boat ramp area in between. During my stay, it seemed that Loop B was busier loop. Loop B does have mostly bigger sites with several being pull-thrus. Loop A has two pull-thru sites and the remaining 8 or so sites are back-ins. Some of the back-in sites in Loop A are only suitable for tent camping. Loop B may have a better direct view of the lake but from my site #23, there was still a nice sliver view of the lake. As for cell service, I didn't get great service directly from my site, but if I walked over to site #24 (15 feet), I could pick up 2 bars of LTE. The cell service at my site may have been affected by the huge granite boulders surrounding my site. While kayaking on the lake, I observed the cell towers on the hill overlooking Loop B. I wasn't able to test the cell service on Loop B, but I would guess that you would get 2 bars Verizon LTE from there. In addition to the campground, there are numerous Boondocking areas, some of which will only fit a tent but with a few that could easily fit several rigs together. On that 10 miles stretch, cell service varied from 3G to 2 bars Verizon LTE. Due to budget shortfalls, there is no longer a campground host although there is trash service/vault toilets that are maintained.

about Delmoe Lake?