Delmoe Lake

Elevation 6217 ft

Max Length 32 ft

Q&A - Ask the Community about Delmoe Lake

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Delmoe Lake

Reviews of Delmoe Lake 1 person has reviewed this location.

Last reported 7/8/2016
Thumb fullsizeoutput 9a6
Jen and Mace Man Fancy Pants
Livingston, TX 27' Airstream Flying Cloud Twin 2012 Ford F-250
“ATV Heaven I imagine”

Reviewed 7/8/2016

The road to Delmoe Lake is 10 miles from the highway exit and is narrow and gravel/dirt. There are short, narrow turnouts but still is fairly narrow if two trailers are passing one another. Even so, I did see large 5th wheel trailers making the trek and when I arrived, I just took my time as to passing other trailers and did not become an issue. The road is fairly good with only a few washboard areas. This is a popular area for ATV/dirt bikes as it appeared there were endless amount of trails for their use. The weekends were a bit noisy with the ATVs, but the week days you might feel that you are camping alone. The weekend nights were quiet though. There are two loops, A & B with a day use/boat ramp area in between. During my stay, it seemed that Loop B was busier loop. Loop B does have mostly bigger sites with several being pull-thrus. Loop A has two pull-thru sites and the remaining 8 or so sites are back-ins. Some of the back-in sites in Loop A are only suitable for tent camping. Loop B may have a better direct view of the lake but from my site #23, there was still a nice sliver view of the lake. As for cell service, I didn't get great service directly from my site, but if I walked over to site #24 (15 feet), I could pick up 2 bars of LTE. The cell service at my site may have been affected by the huge granite boulders surrounding my site. While kayaking on the lake, I observed the cell towers on the hill overlooking Loop B. I wasn't able to test the cell service on Loop B, but I would guess that you would get 2 bars Verizon LTE from there. In addition to the campground, there are numerous Boondocking areas, some of which will only fit a tent but with a few that could easily fit several rigs together. On that 10 miles stretch, cell service varied from 3G to 2 bars Verizon LTE. Due to budget shortfalls, there is no longer a campground host although there is trash service/vault toilets that are maintained.

Jen and Mace Man Fancy Pants would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Delmoe Lake!

Be the first to add a video for Delmoe Lake!

Have you written a blog post about Delmoe Lake?

Artboard Created with Sketch.

Homestake pass
Homestake Pass
BLM
Butte, MT
Homestake pass rest area eastbound
Homestake Pass Rest Area Eastbound
Rest Area
Homestake Pass Rest Area Westbound
Rest Area
Whitehall, MT
Town pump food store butte mt
Town Pump Food Store